• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Oracle Time Mystery question - Time sight

Soramain

Explorer
PFSRD says:

Time Sight (Su): You can peer through the mists of time to see things as they truly are, as if using the true seeing spell. At 15th level, this functions like moment of prescience. At 18th level, this functions like foresight. You can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to your oracle level, but these minutes do not need to be consecutive. You must be at least 11th level to select this revelation.
How would you adjudicate this? Pitfalls that I see:

• Moment of prescience is nice - really nice - but it's odd that you suddenly can't use true seeing any more.
  • Moment of prescience has a duration of 1 hr/level until expended. This ability is 1 min/level, but the minutes do not need to be consecutive. If I activate time sight and immediately burn the moment of prescience bonus, does that exhaust my time sight ability for the whole day? For the single minute in which I used it?
  • Foresight is, in my opinion, not as nice or as useful as either true seeing or moment of prescience. This is further complicated by the likelihood that your Time Oracle has temporal celerity, an ability that guarantees he can act in a surprise round.

My players just made 15th level so the moment stuff is going to be in play the next time I run. I have a little time on foresight​.

Nagol

Unimportant
I'd rule that at the higher levels the ability subsumes all the previous abilities while it is running.

So an 18th level Oracle has True Seeing, Moment of Prescience, and Foresight running whenever they turn the ability on, but the effects are not active while the ability is off.

Soramain

Explorer
I'd rule that at the higher levels the ability subsumes all the previous abilities while it is running.

So an 18th level Oracle has True Seeing, Moment of Prescience, and Foresight running whenever they turn the ability on, but the effects are not active while the ability is off.

Thank you. What about the second question - I am leaning towards allowing him to only burn the moment of prescience bonus once per day.

Tharkon

First Post
RAW is actually very clear on your first question.
It never says that it stops functioning as true seeing at 15th level.
Unless you take it so literal that you start wondering what it does at 16th level since it doesn't say15th level and higher.

Once per day sounds right.. I was originally leaning towards saying that each use of MoP would burn a minute, but that could still be very powerful, so probably not what was intended.

An average regular casting of MoP probably turns out to allow you to use it once per day as well.

Remove ads