• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orc & Pie?

Jimmy

First Post
Point in case: "Orc and Pie", Monte Cook's finest hour.

Would someone be kind enough to provide a link or something, or just explain to me briefly what this Orc & Pie thing is? I've seen it mentioned a few times both here and on the WtoC boards...

Cheers. :)

Glyfair

Explorer
Please note that some debate about how good the adventure is. Many feel Monty just dropped the ball on this one. He left out too many important points.

For example:

What kind of pie is it?

What's the gp value of the pie and where are the creation guidelines for the pie? How can I possibly use the pie if my wizard's don't know which spells to use to create it?

Where are the scaling guidelines? I have a 20th level party I want to run through this, should it be Demogorgon and fiendish pie?

Other complain that it isn't true to the first edition adventure. He's completely lost the spirit of the adventure.

Of course, I like it :)

Glyfair of Glamis

Wolf72

Explorer
I hope your players are prepared for that meat grinder of an encounter!

man, I mean that orc ...then the whole pie thing! ... :)

The best thing about this encounter is that it fits into nearly any campaign setting ... except for DLA which doesn't have orcs, there it's "Hobgoblin and Pie"

Ciaran

First Post
Wolf72 said:
The best thing about this encounter is that it fits into nearly any campaign setting ... except for DLA which doesn't have orcs, there it's "Hobgoblin and Pie"
Oh, come on! We all know that's a total hack. The backstory simply doesn't make any sense with hobgoblins. You're better off saying that the orc is a planar traveler or something.

Hobgoblins? Ptui!

- Eric

Deedlit

First Post
If DLA is an abbreviation for dragonlance, then DLA does have orcs. A half-orc(I'm pretty sure, It might have been half-ogre) appeared near the end of Kendermore and tried to assasinate Tasslehoff

NiTessine

Explorer
Deedlit said:
If DLA is an abbreviation for dragonlance, then DLA does have orcs. A half-orc(I'm pretty sure, It might have been half-ogre) appeared near the end of Kendermore and tried to assasinate Tasslehoff

Aye, but since orcs aren't native to Krynn, and the half-orc was riding a nightmare, I assume the half-orc was a planar traveler, or something. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads