D&D 5E OrcPub2: We've Come a Long Way

red-orc

First Post
This would be good if it wasn't for the fact that the character sheet it prints out is awful.

What problems do you have with the character sheet? I like it because it's the standard one, but it stuggles in a lot of cases. I plan to add other character sheet options, so I'd love to get your feedback on what you are looking for in a character sheet.

red-orc

First Post
Within pages 121-141 is the rule on page 127 under the Customizing a Background heading in the Background section. "To customize a background, you can replace one feature with any other one, choose any two skills, and choose a total of two tool proficiencies or languages from the sample backgrounds." This is a part of the default background rules and is a part of Adventure League games.

Even if you took issue with that, your character generator does not allow for the option higher up in the page under the Proficiencies heading, which states: "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead."

There's also this:[h=2]Can you create a customized background for your character?[/h]Yes, you can customize backgrounds per the rules in the Player’s Handbook, which state that you can pick any two skills and a total of two tool proficiencies or languages. In addition, you can select a feature from any background. You can choose an equipment package from a background or spend gold on gear as normal.

http://dndadventurersleague.org/faq-12-12/

I've changed it now so that a custom background doesn't mark the character as AL illegal, and it gives you the choice of two skill proficiencies, and a total of two language or tool proficiencies. As far as "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead." goes, it does work that way for skills, but I overlooked the tool proficiency part of it. I'll add that.

red-orc

First Post
1. The Half-elf "Everybody’s Friend" Feat is missing from the Race Feats. Just a note incase you are not aware.
2. If you add a Finesse weapon it adds it as strength and Dex. It would be better if you could choose.

1. I've fixed how finesse displays. Previously on the combat tab I wasn't showing ability modifiers to damage, now I have it showing the max damage modifier, taking into account finesse.
2. Thank you, I will fix this shortly.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
So if I choose a custom background, I can't choose a background feature, or input a custom one?

And if I choose a background, I can't customise which skills/proficiencies I want and have to stick to the ones recommended in the book?

red-orc

First Post
So if I choose a custom background, I can't choose a background feature, or input a custom one?

And if I choose a background, I can't customise which skills/proficiencies I want and have to stick to the ones recommended in the book?

That is correct, for now, but I plan to add more customizability.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
That is correct, for now, but I plan to add more customizability.

That severely limits player choice and creativity. The backgrounds aren't meant to be a strait-jacket. Customising the background is a core rule and not a variant and has a fairly significant impact given that without that customisation, you're forced to choose skills or languages or tools you don't want. Easy enough to change in any other media and a frustrating block in character creator apps.

red-orc

First Post
That severely limits player choice and creativity. The backgrounds aren't meant to be a strait-jacket. Customising the background is a core rule and not a variant and has a fairly significant impact given that without that customisation, you're forced to choose skills or languages or tools you don't want. Easy enough to change in any other media and a frustrating block in character creator apps.

True, and I hope to fix that soon. For now I recommend just choosing "Custom" and manually adding your chosen feature to the character sheet.

LapBandit

First Post
orcpuberror.jpg

Take a look at this error, looks like some sort of Facebook client issue causing the site to hang.

Remove ads