• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcs of Stonefang Pass with 3D Paper Terrain

frandallfarmer

Explorer
[h=3]I'm recording this over on Obsidian portal - if anyone is interested: www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-fors...[/h]
This post is a teaser - I won't copy them over here unless there is overwhelming demand. Feel free to comment here, if you like. I'll also update when the adventure concludes...

[h=3]Timbervale: Entering Stonefang April 13, 2013 10:26[/h]

dnd_041313_21_zps79b0e9c7.jpg

Our heroes disembark the Sult’n Fish aboard their airship, The Slicing Breeze. Their ultimate destination is Gardmore Abbey – but they’ll first have to cross the Ironwall Mountains (by land) in order to reach the Nentir Vale – this means taking the Stonefang Pass, near Timbervale: Their first stop.

aae9a737-292d-4865-8633-7018f75dc318_zpsd0d1aa69.jpg
dnd_041313_01_zps26c8e7fe.jpg

After being dropped in Timbervale by Bosnan (who takes the airship home to Punjar), they learn that the area has been beset with small earthquakes that has destabilized the economy in the area, and that no one has come through the pass in months. They investigate the town’s damage, rest the night, purchase horses, and ride off, up the foothills to the Stonefang Pass.

dnd_041313_02_zps06d8945a.jpg

Coming the opposite direction is a squad of wounded and exhausted dwarves…

dnd_041313_05_zps166bf383.jpg

Their leader, Rangrim Glintshield explains that the pass has been cut off by a great stone the dwarves of old installed as an emergency defense, and that it is overrun with orcs. Quickly, the knight Agüero agrees to have The Irregulars clear the pass and bids them to head to Timbervale to recover.

The continue up the foothills until they encounter a small trading post, and a bridge, crumbling in ruins just before the entrance to the pass. There are giants carved into the entrance, positions to seem as if they are holding back the mountain…

ridinguptothepass_zps3a06c5e4.png

That bridge doesn’t look so good…

bridge_zps9af6829f.png

[[shute | Shute] checks if it’s safe to cross, when…

dnd_041313_09_zpsac7cdc82.jpg
dnd_041313_10_zpsc3522d3d.jpg

Hippogriffins swoop down out of the mountainside. They are soon joined by Giant Archerfish in river. The heroes send their horses back downhill, and buff up for a fight…

PhotoApr1325813PM_zps35ff36d3.jpg

Eventually, the characters are victorious.

PhotoApr1325858PM_zpsc0c5c663.jpg
f6416fcc-cb68-4e78-8d25-633bce3cf456_zpsd23ea3ba.jpg

And they approach the pass on foot.

dnd_041313_19_zps2cba3bf8.jpg

[h=3]Build Notes[/h]

[h=3]I'm recording this over on Obsidian portal - if anyone is interested: www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-fors...[/h]I'm happy to answer any questions here as well...

Last edited:

frandallfarmer

Explorer
[MENTION=19393]Ryltar[/MENTION] - Most of the pieces were already built from other adventures. The only new pieces were the mountainside, cave entrance, and the "ruined" bridge insert. Those probably took about and hour and a half (a bunch of that looking for the texture for the cave and futzing aroun din photoshop.

Lindeloef

First Post
wow these just look amazing, and bringing back good memories of the time, I ran that adventure. So if you have more pictures, feel free to post them ;)

Remove ads