• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcus of Necromancer Games says "You were right, I was wrong"

S'mon

Legend
The pdf prices are too high for me, but a lot of Necromancer products are certainly premium.

I'm currently running Vault of Larin Karr for 4e and using the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Boxed set for both 4e and Labyrinth Lord, both are great products.

Orcus

First Post
Uhm... I understand why the Publishers & Press Releases post was made, but doesn't this "I admit I was wrong" story look like a method to slip an add in under the radar? Essentially he's telling us he's got three new products we can buy from him, and maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that this particular sub-forum isn't the place for that?

I posted here, too, because back at the time of the 3 to 4E changeover there was a ton of discussion about the impact on the game and the game environment by this. Those of you who remember know what I am talking about. Multiple, multiple threads. So I figured it would be of interest for possible discussion.

Also, if I am going to come in and say "you were right I was wrong" I didnt want to do it in the publisher thread--a much smaller thread--and risk looking like I'm dodging the full pelting I may take. :) So I posted here in the big boy forum.

Clark

Celebrim

Legend
Well, I told you so as well, but I don't think it really matters since I don't think I'm representative of a particularly large market

I pretty much thought they'd been going down the wrong road since 3.5. Fantasycraft, while not perfectly what I'm interested in, seems to be more in the direction I wanted for the game than anything WotC ever wanted to do.

I admit I was never a big fan of your products to begin with, if only for the simple reason that I find Orcus to be a vastly over used and extremely trite and uninteresting villain. I can't begin to count the number of modules he's been in but the number is now very large, and I never saw the attraction to begin with as he has to be the most dull and unimaginative fiend lord of the entire bunch. Please diversify your upcoming adventure products if you hope to attract my interest.

However, I do have some of your 3rd edition Ravenloft products which I found to be quite good. And of course, I picked up a copy of 'Lost City of Barakus', which is one of the better 'super modules' of the era.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Before I get unereasonable with my budget again ... any chance of a print or Print on demand version ?

(yeah, had to ask, sorry)

Treebore

First Post
Before I get unereasonable with my budget again ... any chance of a print or Print on demand version ?

(yeah, had to ask, sorry)

As previously posted, Bill is working on a POD with Drivethru, who is still months away from being able to offer it.

Belphanior

First Post
I posted here, too, because back at the time of the 3 to 4E changeover there was a ton of discussion about the impact on the game and the game environment by this. Those of you who remember know what I am talking about. Multiple, multiple threads. So I figured it would be of interest for possible discussion.

Also, if I am going to come in and say "you were right I was wrong" I didnt want to do it in the publisher thread--a much smaller thread--and risk looking like I'm dodging the full pelting I may take. :) So I posted here in the big boy forum.

Clark

Alright, that works for me. :)

And I took a break from ENWorld around that time because things were, uh... a little hot back then.

The Little Raven

First Post
However, I do have some of your 3rd edition Ravenloft products which I found to be quite good.

Did Necromancer do Ravenloft products during 3e? I only recall White Wolf/Sword & Sorcery doing them.

Unless I'm just trippin' and didn't notice Clark's name on any of the SSS Ravenloft stuff I have.

Remove ads