• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcus of Necromancer Games says "You were right, I was wrong"

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Thanks, Clark! I am curious as to NG's future products as well. Particularly if we will see the remainder of the Slumbering Tsar trilogy? I will probably still buy it, but I want to know before getting into it.

carmachu

Adventurer
No need to give you a hard time, I already did the last time you posted and said it was ironically funny.

I'll chek them out, thanks.

carmachu

Adventurer
Per Bill on the Necro boards, they are working on a POD option, but no timetable yet.

DriveThru recently announced that they are moving to a POD option on many titles, but IIRC, that's going to take a few months to get that up and running.

thats the best news I have heard in ages. I dont do PDFs....

thatdarnedbob

First Post
This is really disappointing; I had been looking forward to Necromancer 4E adventures to not only use, but also to win a bet. I fear Erik Mona is almost certain to force me to eat a sock now.

JeffB

Legend
Well this makes me more than a little sad. I love Necromancer Games products....but 4E is my edition of choice. While I'm happy they'll be released, they're not for me, and I won't be purchasing them.

...I've been a Necromancer fan since day one, and they would have been a slam dunk for me if they were created for an edition I actually played.

It sounds like this was a choice of "release them in 3x or not at all," in which case I'm glad they came out for fans of the old system..

All of this.

Glad to finally see SOMETHING, ANYYYYTHINGGG out of Necro , but sad to see it's more 3.X material. If you ever publish some 4E adventures (In print) Clark, you've got my money without me batting an eyelash. For that matter, I'd buy Necro stuff for the retroclones or C&C (though that is a bigger pipedream than 4E I'm sure ;) )

Skywalker

Adventurer
...but it's sad that WotC couldn't work something out with someone as reasonable as the Necro guys.

Is that the case though? It isn't clear from Orcus' posts. The GSL is out and 3PP are finding that adventures (above all products) are possible and profitable to publish under it. Did Necormancer encounter an issue with the GSL or was it some other reason?

Treebore

First Post
Is that the case though? It isn't clear from Orcus' posts. The GSL is out and 3PP are finding that adventures (above all products) are possible and profitable to publish under it. Did Necormancer encounter an issue with the GSL or was it some other reason?

One possibility may be if the GSL would still interfere with how they publish their other products?

Again, if that wasn't changed in the newest GSL.

Skywalker

Adventurer
One possibility may be if the GSL would still interfere with how they publish their other products?

Again, if that wasn't changed in the newest GSL.

I agree that could be the issue. However, I thought that had all been changed in the last GSL iteration.

Orcus

First Post
This is really disappointing; I had been looking forward to Necromancer 4E adventures to not only use, but also to win a bet. I fear Erik Mona is almost certain to force me to eat a sock now.

This doesnt mean we wont ever do 4E products or Pathfinder ones. Its just that these products had sat around long enough. It was time to get them out. I should have done that back in the day when everyone said "no, get them out now, dont hold them, dont convert them, we want 3E adventures." I didn't listen.

I dont want to punish the fans by making people wait to see these products until we get everything in order for what our future plans might hold. No need to do that. So we decided, at Bill's urging, to open these up and let them out.

Clark

The Little Raven

First Post
I agree that could be the issue. However, I thought that had all been changed in the last GSL iteration.

Yeah, the so-called "poison pill" clause was removed and an opt-out option was added.

I'm curious as to what it is about these adventures that prevented them from being 4e products.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads