• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick #341

I doubt there is any real coincidence, but anyone reading the Monopoly d20 humor thread is going to wonder if Rich stole was inspired by the whole "Chutes and Ladders" and "Candyland" thing from our board conversations. The specific mention of the Gumdrop Mountains is what set it off in my mind. If he had mentioned "Clue" I would have known he was inspired by we ENWorlders.

Hey Rich, if you read this, want to shed any light on this? :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
smootrk said:
Candyland would make an interesting adventure or series of encounters!!

Oh, yesss... yes, it does. :eek:

I had a DM who ran us through his own twisted vision of the Demiplane of Sugar (he goes by "Torm" on these forums) And good Lord was it screwed up and dangerous. We even ran into a group of cannibals hwo feasted on travelers because they had a hard time getting meat or vegetables... :eek:

Anyway, digression for another thread.

neg

Explorer
Anyone else notice this...

I love Order of the Stick, but I have to say the panel that was showing the whole cityscape made me think they were adventuring in Anywhere Downtown, USA as opposed to a setting from a time long ago. A little jarring...was I the only one who felt this?

The Gumdrop Mountains reference was a hoot.

-neg

shilsen

Adventurer
neg said:
I love Order of the Stick, but I have to say the panel that was showing the whole cityscape made me think they were adventuring in Anywhere Downtown, USA as opposed to a setting from a time long ago. A little jarring...was I the only one who felt this?

Well, if they were in a setting from a time long ago, that would be pretty jarring too, since there wasn't any time long ago, that I know of, which included magic, dragon, half-orcs, etc.

Remove ads