• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick 575

Orius

Legend
So necromancer, no, mad scientist, yes. How many else noted that "Giro" is an anagram of "Igor"?

I wonder if an upcoming panel will feature this mad scientist pulling a switch, screaming, "It's alive!!!", with Celia saying, "That's not quite what I had in mind."

"I'm a centaur!" See, Belkar doesn't have to murder someone to be funny. It usually is when he does, though.

Asmor

First Post
"I'm a centaur!" See, Belkar doesn't have to murder someone to be funny. It usually is when he does, though.

It's totally out of character for him, though, he only said that because he's delirious. So I'm not sure that really proves your point, unless you were trying to say that Belkar doesn't have to murder someone to be funny, as long as what he does is completely out of character for him.

I really, really hope this ends up with Roy finally being raised somehow. It would be annoying to find out we are making another group split to start a new side quest that is not advancing the plot in some way, considering that we are already about 4 side quests deep and haven't heard about Xycon and the snarl for at least 25 strips.

Killing the bone golem is unnecessary. Resurrection just requires a piece of the body. So you'd just need to chip off some bits. Also, I'm guessing the mage is going to give Celia control of the bone golem otherwise he loses a potential repeat customer who throws around 20,000 gp.

I really, really hope this ends up with Roy finally being raised somehow. It would be annoying to find out we are making another group split to start a new side quest that is not advancing the plot in some way, considering that we are already about 4 side quests deep and haven't heard about Xycon and the snarl for at least 25 strips.
So, then you would prefer that he resolve all plots quickly and end the strip in a few weeks? What difference does it make how many side quests there are? The more the merrier I say. Because once he stops making side quests, the strip ends.

Harr

First Post
Killing the bone golem is unnecessary. Resurrection just requires a piece of the body. So you'd just need to chip off some bits.

More likely to happen I think is that Roy WILL be the bone golem. His consciousness will forced to power the bones and he'll effectively be raised... as a bone golem. Doesn't strictly follow D&D rules but Burlew's never really cared about that.

So, then you would prefer that he resolve all plots quickly and end the strip in a few weeks? What difference does it make how many side quests there are? The more the merrier I say. Because once he stops making side quests, the strip ends.

Hear hear :)

DandD

First Post
More likely to happen I think is that Roy WILL be the bone golem. His consciousness will forced to power the bones and he'll effectively be raised... as a bone golem. Doesn't strictly follow D&D rules but Burlew's never really cared about that.
Sure he does. He spells out the exception right out in the strip, or on his message board, if needed. He just shows how to use the rules creatively, or absurdly.

Remove ads