Order of the Stick Adventure Game - Experiences?

Glyfair

Explorer
No one? Reports had the line for the demo at GenCon reaching around the room and no one here had any experiences with it?

Glyfair

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I saw the line and didn't even try. Life's too short, and GenCon's even shorter, to spend a long time waiting in line to buy something.

As someone who hates waiting in line for anything, I agree. Still, there wouldn't be a huge line if many didn't disagree.

Mostly I was interested in people who played in the demos (or have ordered and receieved it). It sounds similiar to the KoDT game, which actually is reasonably good, if not amazing.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
You might want to try the OotS message board. Though they tend to be rather dedicated to the franchise (obviously, otherwise they wouldn't hang out there, but still)

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I'm waiting on my preorder. Word is that they're getting their first shipment into the warehouse third week of september. then they'll start shipping out.

I got a copy Thursday around 1:00pm. The line was down to about 20 people and it moved fairly quickly.

We've played it three times since then as it does take about 4 hours for a 4 level dungeon game with 6 players.

It's a blast to play, the loot cards are great and each player has an equal chance of winning based upon their own strategies. It's a very strategic game in that the other players chose which monsters you will fight, the other players also decide when and if they will assist you in a fight.

The point of the game being to flee the dungeon with the most loot points for your character before the dungeon collapses (after killing Xykon of course).

I played with my wife who understands very little of D&D and she still has had a blast each time and delights in making me fight the blue dragon every time.......

Rich did a great job with it nd the room descriptions are just as hilarious as the loot. "Rooms" like the Great Gazebo (don't anger it or it will hunt you down), Janitorial closet, Monster lounge (where the monsters relax and startled to see you walk in on them having their coffee and tea) ect...

We've had a great time with it and a different person has won it each time we've played, I definately recommend it.

Remove ads