• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick: How long will they put up with Miko?

Lazarous

First Post
Sammael said:
Yeah, there is no way there should have been a surprise round. Everybody was aware of everybody else, and the atmosphere was decidedly hostile.

Though, no matter how much this might seem annoying, contrived or otherwise impossible...that's pretty much the definition of railroading. The order got rules turned against them cause of DM fiat, and got trounced due to it.

Sammael

Adventurer
If that's the case, Rich shouldn't have tried to justify the freaking combat. He should have left it at that. It would have been more acceptable (if still horribly annoying).

schporto

First Post
I'll stick by my original statement.
So much hate.
Folks, its a comic. Really. Its not your campaign. Its not a campaign you've played in. You have not met Miko, or Belkar, or Roy etc. (Maybe similar, but not them.) You have not had the same DM. Its a comic. A story. A humorous one at that. Laugh. Enjoy it for the humor it is portraying, not the pain in your own past. A lot of folks hated Star Wars I. Some of them still went to see II & III and enjoyed them. Maybe you didn't like this bit. Maybe it will get better later.
Or you could just simply not read it.
-cpd

Kahuna Burger

First Post
diaglo said:
the OotS is our group. almost exactly.

which is why i have to agree with most everyone else.

the next strip should include... Miko and Durkon only. the rest of the strips players walked out.
I was more envisioning the order frozen like puppets and Durkon embarrassed-ly explaining "they aren't playing anymore." ;)

I was close to giving up on the strip with the whole "bandits" subplot, as I have zero interest in main characters who constantly lose and only pull it out by luck. Its not what I'm looking for. Miko made it worse. The ogres and assassins brought back my interest a little, but this? pheh. I'll give it one strip to get back to a plot I find interesting. The hubby will prolly give me updates, so I don't have to worry I'll miss anything on the off chance it gets better.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
schporto said:
I'll stick by my original statement.
So much hate.
Folks, its a comic. Really. Its not your campaign. Its not a campaign you've played in. You have not met Miko, or Belkar, or Roy etc. (Maybe similar, but not them.) You have not had the same DM. Its a comic. A story. A humorous one at that. Laugh. Enjoy it for the humor it is portraying, not the pain in your own past. A lot of folks hated Star Wars I. Some of them still went to see II & III and enjoyed them. Maybe you didn't like this bit. Maybe it will get better later.
Or you could just simply not read it.
-cpd

Hate? I'm not enjoying it much but I can't say I hate it. Your high horse seems decidely rickety to me.

diaglo

Adventurer
Psychic Warrior said:
Hate? I'm not enjoying it much but I can't say I hate it. Your high horse seems decidely rickety to me.

nope. not hate here either.

diaglo "who owns multiple copies of both OotS Books" Ooi

just disappointment.

schporto

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
Sorry - didn't mean to be on a 'high horse'. And wasn't specifying anyone in particular. I just found it odd reading the thread how much anger/hate/disappointment/angst/(general negative emotion) there was. I'll get off the horse. But I'll stand with what appears to be the minority that is enjoying the strip even with Miko, and the 'stupid railroad plot'.
-cpd

Remove ads