• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Organizing Your Ideas, Rules, and Fluff Snippets

dammitbiscuit

First Post
I've been looking at corkboard.me and trello.com but they're not so good for creating "trees" of branching or flowcharted information. So I'm wondering where everyone stores their ideas, or wishes they had stored their ideas if they had known better.

I guess Corkboard is the better of the two because I can move things around and resize things to make somewhat of a "tree", but it's pretty clumsy and a dash tedious. Trello only lets you create columns, but they're beautifully done and amazingly easy to work with - if I could get a branching Trello structure, I'd be the Happy Clam.

jefgorbach

First Post
"wikidPad is a Wiki-like notebook for storing your thoughts, ideas, todo lists, contacts, or anything else you can think of to write down. What makes wikidPad different from other notepad applications is the ease with which you can cross-link your information."

unfortunatey the link to their homepage is currently erroring; hopefully temporary as it seems to be a great, error free and easy to use freeware.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Mind Node looks pretty good but it is a Mac only product. No bueno for a PC person like myself. I use Personal Brain for my organizational needs. There is a free version that works just fine, with the primary difference between it and the paid version involving the use of attachments (in the full version you can attach any type of file to what they call a "thought").

TheBrain :: Mind Mapping Software, Brainstorming, GTD and Knowledgebase Software

On the iPAD, there is an 99cent app called Cell Storm, it used HEXes for your ideas and gives a different look to idea mapping - I like it for gaming, because, it uses HEXes, ie 6 sides for dice rolls!

Remove ads