D&D 5E Oriental Adventures 5e - What race options are there?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Pathfinder's version of Kara Tur, I forget the name, has it's own special races and a nation of Aasimar, so that is some inspiration there.

Being the snarker I normally am, Pathfinder's version of anything tends to just dump things in place with very little thought to actually making a coherent world.

There's some promise on that whole Aasimar background having some divinity in you, but I don't really think it works on a "Nation" level

I'd simply advocate using the standard D&D races that are already there, with the additional races from OA. Dwarves and Halfling don't fit into a lot of other European settings either. But it's D&D which is already a mix of many elements from different sources already. Throw in 'Punjabi' Gnomes, 'Cambodian' Elves, 'Mongol' Orcs and whatever else, on top of Spirit Folk (which are basically Nature Planetouched and some FR book had the concept of 'Russian' or 'Siberian' Spirit Folk), Vanara, Hengeyokai, and Yuan-Ti Purebloods/Naga People (if spell resistance is too powerful, drop it and replace with Snake Shapeshifting like they had before).

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
We could also bring in Dragonborn, but based on the Lung (Lóng) dragons. Some of them would need abilities to replace the breath weapon (as most of the Lung dragons don't have breath weapons).

gyor

Legend
Being the snarker I normally am, Pathfinder's version of anything tends to just dump things in place with very little thought to actually making a coherent world.

There's some promise on that whole Aasimar background having some divinity in you, but I don't really think it works on a "Nation" level

It's funny, but people accuse FR of that as well, but those people don't know the lore.

Example of things interconnections in FR, Batrachi create empire during the days of thunder, thousands of years later the Imaski find some of this magic, learn from it, build upon it and create the Imaskar empire.

Imaskar empire politicall and historialy shapes half of Faerun and most of Kara Tur as well.

Mulhorand, Unther are born from Imaskar's destruction, as is Anok-Imaskar, an expanding Imaskar surviver state, that eventually evolves Should Long and Ti'Lang.

Faerun's side Mulhorand and Unther are created thanks to Imaskar' s destruction.

These Empires expand throughout various areas and eventual, some of these break off to forge their own nations like Thay and Chessenta.

Last edited:

Remove ads