• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Original 4E Monsters

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Good suggestions, thanks.

Strange thing about making the thrulls level 1 normal: They'd have way more HP and lower attack values, but do more damage wouldn't they?

Fitz

keterys

First Post
Yep. I'm not saying it's the best solution, but figured I'd mention it :)

Could also do a mechanic like I did for the thorn lasher and have them each get 1 attack, but it does something special if there are multiple there (or if the target has been hit multiple times, or takes at least X damage, etc)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I like that Thorn Horror, it looks/mechanically feels like how I imagine Druid's wildshape be like. Not normal animals but twisted, messed up abominations of nature :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Howabout this:

Drowned Thrull Level 7 Minion
Medium natural humanoid (Undead) XP 75
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +4; darkvision
HP A minion dies when hit for damage
AC 17; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15
Immune Poison, Disease Resist 5 Cold, 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant
Speed 5
(m) Slam (standard; at-will)
+14 vs.AC; 5 damage.
(M) Drowning in Thrulls (standard; at-will)
+12 vs Fort; 5 damage. If two or more Drowned Thrulls are adjacent to the target, the target is immobilized until the end of it's next turn.
Alignment Unaligned Languages None
Str 18 (+7) Dex 12 (+4) Wis 13 (+4)
Con 17 (+6) Int 3 (-1) Cha 12 (+4)

Fitz

keterys

First Post
Added:
Forest Preserver (5 Soldier Leader)

And yeah, that seems cool. So, from what Mearls said at DDXP I got the impression that minions are one hit at every level, but in another thread someone said WotC was changing it based on DDXP feedback... so yeah, we'll just find out more about that later. The Vampire Minion is definitely older news than the kobold minion, though.

Jaerc

Explorer
A ghostly pair of angel wings the size of your head floats, rather than flies in front of you. The wings appear completely translucent, until the sunlight glints off of them like metal in the desert.

Minor Arcanoth Flier (Level 1 Minion ~ XP 50)
Small fey magical beast
AC 15
Fortitude 11 Reflex 16 Will 14
Speed flight 7 (perfect)
Resist elements 5, radiant 10, weapon 30;
Range 10/20 Burst 1; +6 vs Will; 1 damage and arcanoth flier is invisible to targets until the end of it's next turn.
Supernal Energy Immediate reaction, when reduced to 0 hp.
The slayer of arcanoth automatically regains the use of one of its daily powers. If it has not used any daily powers this effect instead automatically deals arcane damage equal to the highest level power possessed by the slayer.

Jaerc

Explorer
This obese demonic creature appears as massively cerebral baby, it's skin stretching to almost the point of bursting. Stunted, fleshy "wings" protrude from a layer of backfat. It's whole body roil of this round demon, as it improbably flies towards you.

Corpulent Bomber (Level 4 Brute ~ XP 175)
Small immortal humanoid (demon)
AC 14
Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 12
Speed flight 6 (clumsy)
Immune poison, disease; Resist 5 acid, 5 cold, 10 fire; Vulnerable 5 silver
Str 9 Dex 8 Wis 9
Con 20 Int 11 Cha 5

~
I suspect there is a better way to word Volatile. Further it seems the trend is to have higher ability score in 4e, but I'm not sure...

Remove ads