• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Original D&D?

edveal

Explorer
About a year ago I found a pdf of a re-write of the original D&D. However, I have lost the pdf somewhere. Any ideas on where I can find and download one again?

Ed

nedjer

Adventurer
two full cartridges and ran-off. Just fill my spare nerf. OK

So, the Original Game and the Scroll of Wonder are both excellent. In fairness to others, they mainly represent a specific period or have some in-house mechanics spin to offer.

I have a new entry to add to the list that's very near to done and dusted: Tainted. The take is to add highly compatible, original content plus other stuff which will be spilled over the next few . . . OMG the devil

belay that - the devil wants to be catwoman. Anyway please pop over to Thistle Games for more if Original Game, Scroll of Wonder (I do have to use those terms) type play is of interest.

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
About a year ago I found a pdf of a re-write of the original D&D. However, I have lost the pdf somewhere. Any ideas on where I can find and download one again?

Ed

I have my original booklets, but I'm not certain considering the current climate if it would be a good idea to scan them into a pdf format. Common sense is telling me that it would probably be a good way to get in trouble.

In fact, the same goes for anyone or any site that presents the PDFs currently, as those rights are still owned by WotC as far as I know.

Sorry to be such a downer.

dagger

Adventurer
I have PDFs of all the 1e/2e material but I don't think he is looking for that.

There is a pdf floating around that basically is the 1e PHB PDF but has a lot of stuff changed.

So it is kind of like a retro clone, but instead of making a whole new pdf/book they just changed stuff in the 1e pdf.

saskganesh

First Post
i have pdfs of all the 1e/2e material but i don't think he is looking for that.

There is a pdf floating around that basically is the 1e phb pdf but has a lot of stuff changed.

So it is kind of like a retro clone, but instead of making a whole new pdf/book they just changed stuff in the 1e pdf.

osric?

Henry

Autoexreginated
ENWorld doesn't condone unlicensed file sharing, but it shouldn't need to come to that. :)

http://www.swordsandwizardry.com/WhiteBox3p.pdf

That's the link to Swords & Wizardry's "white box" retroclone. It's 95% similar to the old D&D white box, straying only where the author (a copyright lawyer, I believe?) felt the need to alter it to keep from being sued for infringement.

Long story short, it's the closest you'll get legally to the mid 1970's D&D short of finding an expensive box of it on ebay or such -- and all your players can get a copy for free.

If on the other hand you're looking for something more like 1st edition AD&D, as mentioned above there's

OSRIC
http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/download.html

and S&W core rules
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=62346

dagger

Adventurer
Nope not Osric, the PDF is actually the 1e PHB, covers and all just contains rewrites of some rules. I think in the forward he says its what 2e should have been like or something. Saw it years ago....;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads