• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Osirs.net?

Ahzad

Explorer
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the osirs.net website. It was a great site that was set up for Alternity rpg, and it was the Hoffman Institute, but you could use it for just about any modern setting. As GM you could log in and set up fake emails to send to players by spoofing where they were coming from so instead of coming from me they could be coming from John Smith at Nasa or whatever. add case files from your games for the weird x-file type of stuff the players found, or the players could add the files themselves. you could drop clues in your game and the players could take that and "hack" into the system and find out more info about the case they were working on, and as GM you had i think up to 12 levels of security the players could interact with as they found out more clues or login IDs of NPCs you created.

Curious if anyone had a clue as to what happened to them? I've been checking the site for about a week now and it seems to be down.

I cross posted this to the crafty games forum where I also frequent quite a bit.

Ahzad

Explorer
it was active for a long time after Alternity died. i used it probably about a year ago before i took some time off to recharge my GM batteries. i was getting ready to start up gaming again and i wanted to send out the invites from the new delta green org to the players and that's when i noticed it was no longer up.

frankthedm

First Post
you can find it there but it's only the login screen, none of the good stuff though.
you can sometimes use the archive to get a link, then try to find archived version of the page that link lead to. It can be a spot of work, but it sometimes works.

Orius

Legend
I wonder how long it will be until someone confuses it with my user name.

Seriously, I've have people refer to me as "Osiris", and this website is similar enough. ;)

Remove ads