OSRIC 2.0 Released today

Flatus Maximus

First Post
Anyone found a typo or mistake in it yet?

The PC reference sheet has a likely cut-and-paste error. The row for Con has 'Major Test' and 'Minor Test', and probably should be something like 'Survive Resurrection/Raise Dead' and 'Survive System Shock'.

Also, in the table in the section describing Con, the column heading 'Survive System Shock (minor test) (d%)' should probably be just 'Survive System Shock (d%)'.

I'm new to (and excited about!) OSRIC/1ed AD&D, so maybe these errors aren't really errors, and that these really are Major/Minor Tests. Or maybe my suggestions are too long. Anywho....

Mircoles

Explorer
I just saw a blue box D&D with an unbroken sheet of chits. The boxes corners were in great shape as well.

I lost my chits:.-(, but I was 12 at the time and very typical for that age. Besides, when I got my first set of polyhyral dice (white crayon included), i wasn't really concerned with where the chits were.

Mircoles

Explorer
Meh, it doesn't surprise me much; coming as it does hard on the heels of last week's thread/poll that pointed out how many people refuse to drink and game.

Lanefan

I don't mix well with math when I'm drunk and even at their most simplest forms, rpgs usually have some math even if it's only counting the dots on the d6.
Also, when drunk, die rolling can be a challenging task.

Obryn

Hero
P&P - As mentioned in a thread elsewhere, there doesn't seem to be a damage table for grenade-like missiles. Such as flaming oil and the like.

FYI. Hope it doesn't cause further delays. :)

-O

Jack Campbell

First Post
I scoured Lulu last night and again today. Any update on those print versions being available?

There are some really great books on my shelf and some truly groundbreaking ones (Ptolus catches my eye).

I am looking forward to seeing the hardback version of OSRIC up there.

Mythmere1

First Post
I scoured Lulu last night and again today. Any update on those print versions being available?

There are some really great books on my shelf and some truly groundbreaking ones (Ptolus catches my eye).

I am looking forward to seeing the hardback version of OSRIC up there.

We're getting very close - the layout artist tells me he'll have proofs by tomorrow. From that point, it could literally be as short as a day or as long as a couple of weeks depending on the various little factors involved. One of these is rather critical - the formation of the nonprofit organization that will actually publish OSRIC 2.0. Formation documents have been filed, but I don't yet have the certified copies. To make a long story short, I'm guessing about May 1 or thereabouts for it to show up on Lulu.

Remove ads