• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Am I A Wuss?

Am I a wuss?

• Yes, you're a wuss!

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Nah.

Votes: 8 28.6%

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis

First Post
It's not that your teen hack fest movies are bad, they go after a different kind of fright. Some movies make you jump, or scream and some movies are actually scarier after they are over and you are at home, because they keep you thinking about them.

As far as COC man that would be almost too perfect, of course chances are it would also be a one shot adventure.

jdavis

First Post
not to spoil it for anybody out there but the scene with the mother and the son when she finds the burn marks on his arm, that's the scene that gives me Cthulhu flashbacks. The little boy was creepy in general but his lines there made my skin crawl.

Kibo

Banned
Banned
1. Kia Lord, I'm certain while xarlen would be enamored of your deepwood sniper to the point of wetting himself, I'm equally certain that any well equiped formor Mr. Olympian with pointy ears would evoke the same emotions.

2. I also saw Feardotcom.com. Which was an interesting experience in and of itself as after 15 minutes or so people weren't watching the movie anymore, they were just talking about whatever in small groups in the presence of an awful movie. But I think seeing Feardotcom.com actually made The Ring that much better. In a way, it seems almost blasphamous to mention those two wildly divergent works in the same sentence. None the less, seeing how almost obscenely bad the same idea could be excecuted, to the point that it no longer is even really the same idea, puts into perspective how much is just excecution. The carbon in excrement is the same carbon in a flawless diamond.

3. Naomi Watts is awesome. To see her be more awesome rent Mullholand Drive, more or less a throw away movie too pretentious for it's own good, but Naomi Watts is a freaking chamelon.

4. The Ring endorses rampant piracy and murder, pass it on.

4.a. This message paid for by the MPAA.

5. I don't understand how adults can be frightened by movies, at least anymore. So yes, you're a wussie. In the movie of your life you'll be played by Nathan Lane, or Oliver Platt pretending to be Nathan Lane. Sorry. (In the movie of my life I'll be played by Johnathan Winters (the early years), and the guy who played grizzly adams or adam west).

6. You saw ghost ship? Like green is the new pink, and so you wanted to see if Julianna Margulies is the new David Caruso? I saw feardotcom.com, of my own misguided (but free) will, have a penchant for haunted house movies, and I wouldn't go see ghost ship. That movie would have only had slightly less appeal if it stared Brendan Fraiser as Carrot Top.

Xarlen

First Post
Kibo said:

5. I don't understand how adults can be frightened by movies, at least anymore. So yes, you're a wussie. In the movie of your life you'll be played by Nathan Lane, or Oliver Platt pretending to be Nathan Lane. Sorry. (In the movie of my life I'll be played by Johnathan Winters (the early years), and the guy who played grizzly adams or adam west).

Actually, I would prefer Jon Lovitz or Jason Alexander

6. You saw ghost ship? Like green is the new pink, and so you wanted to see if Julianna Margulies is the new David Caruso? I saw feardotcom.com, of my own misguided (but free) will, have a penchant for haunted house movies, and I wouldn't go see ghost ship. That movie would have only had slightly less appeal if it stared Brendan Fraiser as Carrot Top.

Eh? No, I didn't know who was in it. I just wanted to see the movie.

Jeph

Explorer
I saw The Ring on the day it came out, scared the :):):):) out of me. The thing is, you know that tree? Well, I've got one just like it in my backyard. I'm scarred for life. ::shudder::

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
1) No off topic polls.

2) Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum--Non-RPG Sci-Fi/Fantasy Discussion.

Edit: Specified forum

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads