• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Artist Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Addendum to the Above

Yes, I do think of important things at the last second.:)

In this case it's the matter of getting "Free Art" for my site. I can see where this would give folks a bad idea. Really, what I'm looking to do is to provide a gallery of sorts of an artist. My site acting as "exhibit space" for that artist's work. So let me rephrase what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for an artist willing to let me display his artwork on Mythusmage.com. Said artist must be able to work in a naturalistic style. The artist retains all rights to his work, I get permission to display that work.

If any money comes my way because of the site, the artist will share in the proceeds. Should my material see publication, and the artist's work is included therein, the artist will share in the proceeds. All sharing will be 50/50.

If interested, use the email button below.

(Don't think the above will satisfy the folks who initially responded, but I hope it eases the concerns of the more reasonable on these boards.)

alsih2o

First Post
Re: Addendum to the Above

mythusmage said:

(Don't think the above will satisfy the folks who initially responded, but I hope it eases the concerns of the more reasonable on these boards.)

what a not so subtle piece of subtlety, somehow, by speaking out about mm's mode of addressing artists, any who "initially responded" are not the "more reasonable" members of the boards.....hmmmm.

"mm almost had the save there, but it appears he choked on his attitude again, and right as he neared the finish line!"

naturalistic

adj : representing what is real; not abstract or ideal

everyone, run to represent mm's basilisks in a "naturalistic" style!

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Clay, you had a snit. Now you're having a snit over my pointing out you had a snit. Now I expect you'll have a snit over my pointing you had a snit over my pointing out you had a snit. What do I expect you to do? Post yet again to tell the world how vile and evil the nefarious Mythusmage is. Thus confirming to one and all that you hold grudges tighter than Apple holds news of upcoming releases.

I made a mistake in my original post. Get over it. Or you can continue to rant and rave, and so degrade your standing in this community. Don't matter none to me.

BTW, I'm no artist. That's why I'm looking. Looking for someone willing to take a chance. Someone willing to have his work exhibited on my site. Someone older than you.

One last thing. Your initial negative reaction to my (in error) original post tells me you are not the kind of person who deals well with the mistakes of others. Which means any DM who lets you play in his game would have to be verypatient indeed.

In other words, people make mistakes. Deal with it.

Tsyr

Explorer
mythusmage said:
I critique "paid" artists. Evil me.

Except, your complaining about something you didn't pay for. That's like the homeless begger who turns up his nose when someone hands him coffee and a sandwhich, saying he prefers turkey over beef.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I have only a question...

Why do you think an artist would like to have a gallery on your site? If he/she wants a gallery, he/she can do his/her own website, only with his/her art, and have full control over it. Why would your site be better for the artist than the artist's own sitE?

hellbender

First Post
The secondary attempt, I will say, is a bit more sensible, sort of. We do all fumble, it is true, and some of us have sore spots as well. I hate to see my chosen field belittled, as most people feel about their careers. And I must say, you did come out and say you weren't paying, better than a few companies out there that let illustrators do the work, then delay payment forever. Anticipated compensation is much more painful than knowing you are doing charity work. However, you must also realize how you come across to people who create illustrations and art for a living. It is a service, no different than an oil change for your car, and if you can't afford it, you can change your own oil.

hellbender

hellbender

First Post
Theuderic said:
Hellbender, I would like to see some of your work.

I tell you what, Theuderic, pick two creatures from the MM or MM2 and I will cobble something together for you and post it on the Art forum here. Give me until the weekend to get on top of other jobs, say Sunday, less than a week deadline, which is pretty tight.

h

Falcon of Lugh

First Post
hellbender said:
As a freelance artist and illustrator, let me say; I hope you get no replies on your post. Professionals don't do business that way, and you don't tell artists to take art lessons if you don't like their stuff,

I'm in total agreeance. If this slob came into my shop (aside doing freelance artwork I'm a licensed tattoo artist) and said something like this he'd be eating the concrete outside faster than he could run away. Artists are tempermental. Unpaid artists are violent.

All irritating and arrogant comments aside....

Sure, d20 RPGs could use a facelift in terms of artwork. They could also use a facelift in terms of content. But then again, aren't all RPG systems that way?
You're going to be hardpressed to find an artist who can and will work for free. Those of us out there who are good get paid for being that way. Free advertisement is generally always nice. Then there are days when you wish some people were never referred to you by a client you may actually like doing business with (yeah, that's a daily rant of mine).
If you do take on artists at this point for free, I suggest to them they get a contract between you and them concreting your agreeance for payment in full should you develop revenue with this project. Verbal agreements are nice but contractual agreements hold up very well in the court system.
Good luck on your venture. Lord knows we need higher quality work out in the world.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Let's do two things in rapid succession:

1) If anyone desiring to post does NOT have a question for Mythusmage directly relating to whether or not they wish to work for him, please do not post. If it's not constructive, don't post it.

2) Mythusmage, please don't make unwarranted character judgements on people who reply here, as in alsih2o's case.

In a nutshell, to all concerned,

Smokey the bear says,

"Only YOU can Forum Fires."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads