• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Brain Froze during "Time Machine" help please

BiggusGeekus said:
Well .... I liked the panoramic views of all the times he went to. And I thought Orlando Jones did a good job.

And that's it. WOW what a crummy primary actor (I have evicted his name from my memory). One of the first things they teach you in drama is "react before you act". That is to say, you should be responding to what the other actors are saying and doing. This guy didn't do that. He only started to act when -he- was saying something. Ack. Awful.

Surprising, since it's Guy Pearce who was quite good in both Memento and LA Confidential.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
I really liked the Psi-Morlock myself.. but mostly cause I was thinking how you could find some frail-looking guy and send him to the same makeup artist they had and get a decent Elric. In fact, if the psilock there trimmed his nails and ditched the black lips, he'd -be- Elric. If he had a sword. And if his brain stayed inside his skull.

Wolfshead

Explorer
Someguy said:

And the moon thing just kicked ass.

This is easily my favorite moment (and concept) in the movie. The shot of the moon breaking up was great, and left a number of ideas zooming through my head.

I also feel that Guy Pearce is normally a much better actor than his performance would suggest. In addition to the movies already mentioned, I'd recommend seeing 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' (though it is *very* different from those other two).

Randy

DWARF

First Post
Huh... I'd read the subject and thought you meant your brain froze BECAUSE the movie was so bad...

..maybe that was just me.

S'mon

Legend
Re: Duhhooo Time Machines!

Darklone said:
Time machines and all those stories and theories and whatever... Hah. And they still find idiots who watch those movies (grin).

Can anyone help me? There was that short story about a guy who invented a time machine and as he tried it (guess how), he went to Golgatha to watch JC die. Yeah Jesus Christ. And when he arrived there, he noticed that everyone else who watched was a time traveller too...

Do you know who wrote that story?

I think that was by Philip K Dick. Great short story.

I liked Michael Moorcock's 'Behold the Man' (similar theme) a lot.

Berandor

lunatic
Also very good is "Das Jesus-Video" (The Jesusvideo) from Andreas Eschbach.

The story: In a tomb near Jerusalem, archaeologists find the tutorial for a videocamera that isn't on the market even now. The tutorial is wrapped in a linen that is 2000 years old.

After much guessing, people start promoting the idea of a time-traveler. And what would such a traveler want to record on a video camera, 2000 yeras past, in Jerusalem?
The question remeins, though, why that traveler chose this video camera over much more profesional equipment?

A very nice book, though I'm afarid it isn't available in English yet.

Berandr

Hattersai

First Post
This of course is why I cannot GM Mage any more. Even play for that matter.
Time is my favorite sphere. I am pretty decent in using it and avoiding paradox. I have broken GMs who thought they could handle my use of it.
Then smart alecks want to try and use my sphere againist me. HA I broke them quite quickly.

...Haven't seen Time Machine but I figure I could handle it.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I found the whole movie just too short, the special effects were good but should have been longer or at least more of them. The acting, well it was what I expected, not all bad but could have been better.

More detail should have been given to the future.

Virginia Wilde

First Post
You all know why it was so close to the original book? Because the great-grandson of H.G. Wells was the director......and the guys at Dreamworks didn't know that's who he was until they sat down for their first writing session and somebody noticed he had the same last name!

By the way, has anyone heard about minority report, the new Speilberg film? It's an adaptation of the Bradbury story about the psychic computer who predicts murders....and predicts its own murder by a (innocent) man who, after he is arrested, 'escapes' from prison, only to be ordered by the computer itself to kill it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads