• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Buffy - Spoilers within

Chimera

First Post
Maybe Clooney has been watching BTAS? There was an episode where Scarecrow had Bruce Wayne/Batman trapped in some kind of Virtual Reality, which was supposed to give him everything he wanted. He was just 'good old Bruce Wayne'. His parents were still alive. He was not Batman, although Batman existed in that world.

Only problem was, he couldn't *read* anything. That's how he figured out that it wasn't real. Me, I figured that was a weak 'out' for the episode, but it was very good otherwise.

I hope Joss figures things out soon. This whole "tortured self-doubt" bit DOES NOT FLY. Angel got really weak (as a show) and I stopped watching because of that kind of crap. Now he's doing the same thing in Buffy. SCREW AN ENTIRE SEASON OF WISHY-WASHY SELF-DOUBT! Give me a hero I can look up to and enjoy watching, not some whiny loser who can't figure out his/her own feelings. It's definitely NOT my kind of entertainment.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Chimera said:
I hope Joss figures things out soon. This whole "tortured self-doubt" bit DOES NOT FLY.

Are you sure you're watching the right show? I've been watching reruns of Buffy, and things have been just as bad for her before. She just doesn't have any evil to kill anymore.

"Tortured self-doubt" is one of Buffy's stronger themes, and has always been.

Chimera

First Post
Yes, but the "whine and cry and hide in the corner for an entire season" bit sure gets old. A couple of episodes here or there I can understand and enjoy. An entire season is depressing.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
I hust started watching Buffy only recently (Since the FX marathon on Thanksgiving) and I must say this season isn't my favorite (That would be season 3!). But I like the fact that they are straying from the formula, and trying something new. But the show just isn't the same without Giles. I really miss him.

Hopefully the final episode will be more exciting.

uv23

First Post
[bitterness]
Frankly, I've had it with Buffy. I'm a diehard Angel fan. I got into Angel before I even knew what Buffy was so I came in backwards. I feel that with Angel there is a great dynamic in terms of combining seriousness, humor and grit all together very nicely with a cast of characters that are all likeable, especially the villains.

The only reason I can watch Buffy is because I (used to) like Zander et al. The accompanying cast was great. But Buffy and her "woe is me" routine and "blah blah you can't understand what its like" crap has gone beyond tiresome to the point of being loathesome. Frankly I'd be happy if she kicked the can for good.
[/bitterness]
:)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Has Angel been moved? It didn't come on last Monday at it's usual time, nor did it come on last night. If it's been moved, when does it come on?

Oh, and FYI, tonight's Buffy is "Tabula Rosa," the one where Willow accidentally makes the Gang forget everything...

Mr. Grimm

First Post
I've come to the conclusion that Buffy actually is dead. Last week in Normal Again, we were given an idea that this might be the truth: When Buffy fought and beat Glory and subsequently sacrificed herself to spare Dawn, she died. We all know that, but I believe she really has never returned. Instead, we have Beta Buffy from her parallel universe. Beta Buffy, in my theory, has been "insane" since Alpha Buffy was chosen as the Slayer -- Beta has been connected to Alpha through visions for 6 years. As mentioned in Normal Again, Beta awoke and was okay 'last summer' when Alpha was dead. But then Willow cast her spell in an attampt to bring back Alpha Buffy's body to Alpha Buffy's body. But the spell was miscast during a scuffle and instead of Alpha, Beta Buffy was sucked into Alpha Buffy's corpse.

After years of insanity, Beta Buffy believes she was in 'heaven' last summer where she was with the ones she loved. Beta has felt disconnected with Alpha's world ever since she returned and she has been unable to fight or interact well with those she is supposed to know and love. Tara, when telling her why Spike could hit her, explained that she basically had a different cellular tan because of returning from where she was -- Tara specifically did not say that Buffy was dead, or in heaven.

Anyway, that's my current theory. I'll have a new and more convoluted one in a week or two.

Remove ads