• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Eastern Seaboard Snowstorm

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Well, I'm here in northern Virgina, and we have the most snow we've ever had since 1996. It's kind of weird. Anyone living near DC knows about the astounding lack of snow we've had in the last six years, but this winter, we've gotten a lot. There's a travel ban on in Virginia right now, pretty much every airport around is closed, and public transportation is going nowhere. Not much else to do but sit around the house and daydream. Anybody else in the eastern US have any thoughts on the swirling white stuff around us?

Droogie

Explorer
I'm in lower CT, expecting 6-12 inches. They shut down the city of Bridgeport. I just called in to work, so now its me, my computer, and a cup of coffee. Aaahhhhhhh

This is winter as I remember it when I was a kid.

Reminds me of gradeschool, how you'd listen to the radio on a snowy morning, waiting with bated breath to hear your school get closed. Yipppeeeeeee!

Barcode

First Post
Simple explanation:

As the protests against the war are mounting, Bush had the Weather Control Division of the NSA arrange for a dumping on New York and DC, to keep as many protesters indoors as possible. The rest of the Northeast just got caught in the blast radius. Weather control is still an imprecise science.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Barcode said:
Simple explanation:

As the protests against the war are mounting, Bush had the Weather Control Division of the NSA arrange for a dumping on New York and DC, to keep as many protesters indoors as possible. The rest of the Northeast just got caught in the blast radius. Weather control is still an imprecise science.

LOL!

Azure Trance

First Post
Barcode said:
Simple explanation:

swipes away his Warren Ellis comic

Tyris Harmon

First Post
Thank God it hit AFTER we got our gaming in for the weekend.

Personally I hate winter, so this is like a nightmare for me. 2 feet of snow in South Central PA. Yuck!!!!!

ichabod

Legned
I've got a two foot drift of snow right in front of my door. I know my newspaper is out there somewhere (I caught a glimpse of it yesterday), but I can't see it anymore. I'm not going anywhere.

Good thing I was able to order those two pizzas Saturday night before it got too bad.

We are at around 24 inches in Columbia MD. That might just be the drifts. However, my car is completely buried- I can see the antenna, and a big shelf of snow broke off that let me see the rear windsheild.. but otherwise, we are underneath a very thick blanket out here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads