• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT]Favorite Magic cards?

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Thrulls! How can you not love thrulls?

I converted the Fallen Empires thrulls for a 2ed D&D game and threw a thrull army at the PCs. They started getting really annoyed at the Necrites' attempts to assassinate them. Things really got messy when the Thrull Champions (yes, plural) started showing up in the ranks.

I really should convert those for a 3e game sometime.

In other news, whatever happened to the rumors of a Dominia setting for 3e. I couldn't care less about Urza, Tawnoss, and whoever else they name cards after. What would be neat would be having a Druid that could cast Stormseeker or a Monster Manual full of stuff like the Stone Throwing Devils or Serindib (sp?) Efreet.

Welverin

First Post
Greatwyrm said:
Thrulls! How can you not love thrulls?

I converted the Fallen Empires thrulls for a 2ed D&D game and threw a thrull army at the PCs. They started getting really annoyed at the Necrites' attempts to assassinate them. Things really got messy when the Thrull Champions (yes, plural) started showing up in the ranks.

The aforementioned (by me) Ebon Praetor plus breeding pits, Thrull Champions, and Bad Moon.

Dwarven Demolition Team iis cool. As are Demonic Hordes and Infernal Spawn of Evil.

Welverin

First Post
I've got more!

Orcish Squatters, good card ruined by a too high casting cost.

Verdant Force and the other big green creatures. I'll look up the names later.

333 Dave

First Post
Force of Nature
8/8 trample for 2GGGG. The downside? Pay four green a turn or it deals 8 damage to you. It doesn't tap, it doesn't die, just 8 damage to you. FoN is Fun :).

Kesh

First Post
Re: MtG - cofessions of a bad addict

incognito said:
The addcition got so bad at one poitn I have a deck with 24 Bayous (correct, now exactly tournament legal)...this was doe for aspect of the wolf, and nightmare (ouch).

Oh my god! Evil! I love it! :D

Yeah, Green/Black was always my favorite combo. Aspect of Wolf was my favorite card.

For those unfamiliar with the game, AoW is an enchantment applied to a single creature which grants it +1 damage/+1 defense (ie. hit points) for every Forest card you have.

The Nightmare is a creature that has 1 damage/ 1 defense for every Swamp you have in play.

And a Bayou counts as both Swamps and Forests. So in his example, incognito has a 48/48 critter once all his Bayous are in play! And players only have 20 life points. :)

Of course, this doesn't beat a Round 1 Channel/Fireball kill. :cool:

Kevin Wilson

First Post
Hmm. I'd have to go with a card that struck fear into the hearts of many, and once caused an opponent to tape a Serra Angel to the side of the table we were playing on. Naturally, I'm speaking of that mighty artifact...

The Chaos Orb.

the Jester

Legend
Demonic Hordes, Minions of Leshrac and Dingus Eggs.

Alternately, Winter Orbs and lots of Druids and Birds of Paradise.

I also loved the ol' creatureless (except for Clones and Vesuvian Dopplegangers) counterspell deck loaded up with Arcane Laboratories (each player may only play one spell each turn- so you counter it, he can't even counter your counterspell!)

Good times...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads