[OT]Fighting Fantasy relaunched!

Skarp Hedin

First Post
the Sorcery! series

I just played through my copies of these oh, about six months ago. It's way easier to remember the spells when you're 28, as opposed to 15 (or however old I was), let me tell you that right now sir! :D

Yuan-Ti

First Post
I played one of these when I was younger (much) and it was great fun. I wonder, though, why the Steve Jackson Games website makes no mention of these books even though the AFF site says they will be out in June 02. Strange, especially since SJG lists all their releases through September... Maybe there has been a hangup somewhere?

Eternalknight

First Post
Yuan-Ti said:
I played one of these when I was younger (much) and it was great fun. I wonder, though, why the Steve Jackson Games website makes no mention of these books even though the AFF site says they will be out in June 02. Strange, especially since SJG lists all their releases through September... Maybe there has been a hangup somewhere?

Please don't wuote me on this as I may be wrong... But I think the Steve Jackson of Steve Jackson Games is a different person to the Fighting Fantasy Steve Jackson.

Excellent!

Hi all! :)

This brings back the memories - Deathtrap Dungeon was the first book I ever bought!! :eek:

I would definately be looking out for these; even more so an update of Titan (the excellent FF World Book) would be appreciated.

By the way is it just me or is that website done in near unreadable 4 pt. type!? :confused:

Selganor

Adventurer
On a related note (for those who haven't seen the Lonewolf thread) ALL Lone Wolf books are converted to html-files with a nice java-script "application" called statskeeper, so you can play it on a browser, keep the record in a cookie and save and load (unfortunately just one position), roll dice and so on...

You can find books 1-10 at: http://www.projectaon.org

more coming soon...

Henry

Autoexreginated
Y'know, I used to knock the "nostalgia" trends of the 80's and 90's, but now that the nostalgia trends contain MY stuff, I love it more than ever. :)

Fighting Fantasy Game books rock da houze!

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Eternalknight said:

Please don't wuote me on this as I may be wrong... But I think the Steve Jackson of Steve Jackson Games is a different person to the Fighting Fantasy Steve Jackson.

I promise not to quote you, but now that you say it... I think you are correct!

Tratyn Runewind

First Post
Hello again!

Posted by Yuan-Ti:
I wonder, though, why the Steve Jackson Games website makes no mention of these books even though the AFF site says they will be out in June 02. Strange, especially since SJG lists all their releases through September... Maybe there has been a hangup somewhere?

Posted by Eternalknight:
I think the Steve Jackson of Steve Jackson Games is a different person to the Fighting Fantasy Steve Jackson.

This is true. As I mentioned above, the Steve Jackson of Steve Jackson Games (GURPS, Illuminati, Munchkin, etc.) is a Texan, and the Steve Jackson of the Sorcery! series and other Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks is British. I also seem to remember hearing that the British Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, prominent authors of many of the FFG's, were the founders of the large British gaming company Games Workshop (which seems to be specializing in minis games like Warhammer and Necromunda these days, though I dearly miss some of their old classic boardgames like Talisman and Warrior Knights). As far as I've seen, though, Games Workshop itself seems to have little or nothing to do with the publishing of the FFG's.

Posted by Henry:
Fighting Fantasy Game books rock da houze!

Yeah, before I encountered Sorcery!, I thought the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books were pretty cool. They still seem OK, but Sorcery! showed the awesome heights of coolness that could really be reached with the idea... :D

Anyway, hope this helps!

Remove ads