• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] FREEDOM FORCE! (discussion)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Sagiro does the voices for Lord dominion's Praetor (as seen in Mentor's origin story) and the villian Deja Vu. :)

A-ha! I thought I recognized him. That's awesome!

IceBear said:
Well, a lot of people use the Ant's voice for Spiderman. With the editor, you can now add custom voices. I've read on a few threads of people ripping spiderman's voice from the cartoons and other games and then using them in FF.

http://www.modforce.com is the offical modding site where you can download the editor and all the doc

IceBear

Custom meshes are beyond me, for sure, but I'm not above playing around with the skins in Photoshop.

I think the hardest part for me now is figuring out what all the POWERS are supposed to do. I don't really have any good reference of how many points a hero should end up costing when it's all said and done.

I think Minuteman is 7k and change, but Mentor and Diablo (the only other two I have seen) it seemed they could be recruited for 2k or so. But, it seems like they are at least comparable to MM in power, so does that mean that the character costs less to recruit than the total value?

Should I design a character at his highest potential, or at his lowest point and let him gain experience to work into it?

Wulf

IceBear

Explorer
Not sure. There are some sites (can't remember the URL but probably linked from www.freedomforcecenter.com) that have the complete hero + skin all ready for you to download. There was a discussion on the main page of www.freedomforcecenter.com that kind of discussed how to convert from comic books to the game.

[Edit]

Ah, here's the article

http://www.raventg.com/ff.nsf/All/Conversion+Tips

The good thing is the Recipe link on the side will let you download a converted hero (powers and skin)

IceBear

Last edited:

Forlorn

First Post
You know guy's here's a crazy thought, you could always call techsupport for Freedom Force, those guys do a pretty good job of fixing the problems your talking about. 650-628-1009.

Incidentally, driver updates fix about 90% of the problems with most games. Update your drivers, you will be happy for it.

Trust me, I know.

Forlorn

Who sits in a corner answering questions like those above, just like them in fact.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Metus said:
Just so you know, when I played online, the average power level that everyone used was 30k.

In the context of trying to play the campaign, that's crazy. You could never afford to recruit someone like that!

(Umm... although I admit I am only like 3 chapters in...)

I'd rather recruit a cool custom character early and enjoy him through the campaign...

IceBear

Explorer
The site that had the mesh for the captain america with shield appears to have exceeded its bandwidth. Does anyone else have this mesh or know where to find it?

IceBear

Voneth

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the crash I am getting between the tutorial mission and mission 2?

Any suggestions?

Sound comes off your motherboard, you say?

Yep, my answer is to spend some more money. My sound was out on all my 3d games for months after I resurrected my system from a virus.

This weekend, I took my system to my techie cousin who said I need more RAM, a sound card, and updated drivers to handle the games. We did all that for several hours and now my computer is like a new machine. The good news was that prices came down and with rebates, it was only $70 for the whole deal. My cousin has DSL, so the downloads weren't that bad after I bought a $5 network card.

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

When I got home yesterday and fired it up to play, it would crash and reboot the whole system. Every time. Very ugly, and disturbing since absolutely nothing changed about my computer from the last time I was happily playing until the next time I started up the game.

At any rate, in my case at least, it seemed to be related to memory and video memory-- not that there should be a shortage of either, but when I removed a few TSR programs from the system tray, it ran fine.

In fact, it ran better than it had up to that point...

Wulf

IceBear

Explorer
Nothing strange about that - that's why all the readme's and stuff for games will always say to close all background applications. Sure, I don't do that 99% of the time and I normally don't have a problem, but occassionally I do. Can't blame the game really - there's just something going on under the covers that no one could anticipate that's causing a problem.

IceBear

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads