• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Freedom Force

Agamon

Adventurer
The power design is incedible! I downloaded skins for Wolverine, Rogue, and Green Lantern and made them pretty close to spec (well, GL is tough to do real justice to, but that because his power is based on his imagination - hard to recreate that in a PC game).

And if we're talking about other games that are out, Heroes of Might and Magic IV has been released! Ah, Might and Magic, the franchise that wouldn't die. :)

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I heard that if you pre-order the game from Electronics Boutique, you'll also get a bonus CD that has a lot of Freedom Force goodies... including an option to unlock three new/exclusive superheroes in the game. :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Even if you didn't pre-order it, you can try and stop by your nearest EB and see if they'll give you a bonus CD for the game - it's worth a shot, at least. ;)

-G

Goodsport said:
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I heard that if you pre-order the game from Electronics Boutique, you'll also get a bonus CD that has a lot of Freedom Force goodies... including an option to unlock three new/exclusive superheroes in the game. :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Even if you didn't pre-order it, you can try and stop by your nearest EB and see if they'll give you a bonus CD for the game - it's worth a shot, at least. ;)

-G

Actually, you don't even need to own the CD to do it. All you have to do is edit a specific file and there you have it.

Tsyr

Explorer
What file, bonehoard?

Anyhoo.

I don't normaly like the entire superhero genre, but this game is amazing. It's everything cool that I used to like about superheros as a kid, everything captured by Radioactive Man in Simpsons... it's a lot of fun, a laugh a minute, and actualy PLAYS good.

My only complaint is I wish your heros could interact a bit more versitily with the environment. For example, in one of the starting maps there is a pestiege canister under a truck. Lacking options I pick up the truck and throw it, causing property damage. Can I just push the truck out of way? Noooooo, that would be too SIMPLE.... :)

Mystic Eye

First Post
Lazybones said:
I'm waiting for the reviews, but I'm encouraged by what you guys are saying! Looks like a great month or two for new games (after a disappointing Xmas, IMO).

LB

Don't know if this was mentioned yet or not but Freedom Force received very good marks at Gamespot.com. There is also a video review and the download for the demo.

I don't even want to touch it right now since I JUST got HOMM 4. I don't need two new time vampires.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
they were sold out of HOMM 4.... but I got Freedom Force! And wow, is it good!

And as a special surprise, Sagiro does the voice for several of the villians! He plays Deja Vu, the villian who can duplicate himself, and the big bad guy's Praetor. How cool is that?

Hattersai

First Post
Hey ya'll what are the requirements. I am having a bad day and I cannot find them.

With my luck it requires a 3d accelerator...::sigh::

Mystic Eye

First Post
What are you guys doing to me? Now I have another title to add to my "MUST HAVE" list.

Here it is:
Freedom Force
Might and Magic X
Morwind
Dungeon Siege
Never Winter Nights
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Age of Wonders II

Man, like I could ever play them all. I am still playing Disciples II as well as HOMM 4 now to.

Hard descisions to make.

Remove ads