• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT, Humor] The world should be made aware of this conversation.

tonym

First Post
Haha, that was funny.

:]

Strangely, it reminded me of a DM I once gamed with. (This was an RPG played at a table, mind you--not over the internet.)

Here's a portion of that game...

DM: As you step from the woods, you see in the distance a wall.
Me: What kind of wall?
DM: A wall.
Me: What is it made of?
DM: You can't be sure.
Me: Does it look like it's made of something I never saw before?
DM: No.
Me: Does it look like stone?
Me: Does it look like wood?
DM: Yes.
Me: Like a wall around a town?
DM: Yes.
Me: How tall is the wall?
DM: You don't know.
Me: Can I tell 'roughly' how tall it is?
Me: Is there anything around the wall that I might use as a reference to estimate its size?
DM: There is a soldier standing near the wall.
Me: A human soldier?
DM: You can't tell what race he is.
Me: Can I judge the height of the wall based on the height of the soldier?
DM: Since you don't know his race, no.
Me: How many times 'taller' than the soldier is the wall?
DM: About five times taller.
Me: If the soldier was six feet tall, then the wall would be around 30 feet tall. Does this seem possible to my character?
DM: (reluctantly) Yes.

Man, that was a painfully slow adventure.
I remember it taking around five minutes to convince the DM to let my character set a normal book on fire.

Got a great DM now, though!

:]
Tony M

Blockader7

First Post
This one time at band camp....

I was playing AD&D 2e. The DM hated Paladins, but someone bribed him with 5 two liter bottles of Mountain Dew, which of course we all know as nectar of the gods, not just an ordinary soda mind you. It's luminescence glows far beyond inifinity, far beyond anything we could ever imagine,, whoops, back to my story.

Anyway we were roughly 7th level and we captured a Goblin. The Paladin took it upon himself to try and reform it to do good. Everybody else rejected that idea.

So it became a game of trying to keep the Goblin from being killed from the rest of the entire party. So of course the Paladin failed to do so.

Well this initiated a chain of events which eventually caused the Paladin to kill himself, BUT the DM at that was a rules stickler. So he made the paladin roll to hit himself. He was trying to cut his own throat. He even fumbled and killed the elfin wizard doping so (using the original critical hit charts in the Dragon Magazine,oh boy did we have fun with those, but those are other stories for another thread).

It took him nearly four hours of hacking to kill himself.

:D

boxstop7

First Post
It lacks internal consistency! ;) I have a few questions:

1) What exactly were the lawyers tied up with, and why couldn't you have used *that* to hang yourself?

2)Why does the samurai have a sword if there are no weapons in this city/world/thing? How did he get the sword, if there are no weapons?

Sounds like a munchkin DM to me...:D

Seriously though, I'm numb after reading that. Frustratingly brilliant...

~Box

Bloodsparrow

First Post
Darklance said:
Anime Jinsureiku: They all have lawyers tied up in the front lawn.

... If the lawyers are tied up in the front lawn... Then they would theoreticly be tied up with something one could use to hang oneself with...

Thank you. Goodnight!

Grim

First Post
Uhh... just take your pants off, and hang yourself with them, tying as needed.

Better if you had a belt... that wasn't made of rope.

Remove ads