• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] I bumped into Hellhound at my FLGS--had a premonition of it too!

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Premonition? Déjà vu? Or mere coincidence?

I recently started work in downtown Ottawa, and, on my lunch break today, I walked over to my FLGS, called Fandom II, thinking along the way that it would be odd to bump into Hellhound and/or Dextra there. I don't know why this thought entered my mind. It just did...

Inside the store I was looking at new d20 products, and I heard behind me another customer walk in. They greeted the store clerk and mentioned something about just coming back from "Origins". I thought, "Okay, someone was fortunate to go and had something to share with the store staff about it". I glanced over my shoulder--and for some reason I thought I knew the person--couldn't remember--was it indeed Jason Parent? (I still wasn't sure as I never met Hellhound in person before.)

After I was browsing in the store a while, JP introduced himself to me as he saw me looking at a copy of Unveiled Masters. So it was indeed him! His two daughters were there too--but I apparently missed meeting Dextra as I had to return to the office. (Seeya next time, Dextra! :) )

So, Hellhound, if you happen to read this, it was a pleasure to meet you and your daughters! :D

The really weird thing was, and I forgot to mention this to JP at the time, I had this clear notion enter my head about encountering him at the store only moments before crossing the street getting there. How come? There was no reason for me to expect to. Why did the thought even enter my head? I've been to that FLGS many times before--never ever thinking I'd bump into any publisher in person. So why would I think this, on the same day I actually do, only minutes beforehand?

**start Twilight Zone track**

Maybe there are many copies of Hellhound walking around the world now--ever increasing their numbers through binary fission!

Maybe I need "medication"....

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

-W, ;) LOL

armac

Long Live the Legion!
lunchtime yesterday?

Hmmm, I was at Fandom yesterday during my
lunch hour too.

I didn't hear any conversations about Origins, or
see any kids in the store so I must have just
missed everyone.

Angus