• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] I hereby declare it to be BBQ season!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yeah, yeah. If you live someplace warm, it's probably been bbq season for months. But up here in the frigid north, we're finally losing the last bit of snow, and it's spent the last week raining.

But it's early on a Sunday morning, I've got my bbq smoker fired up with hickory chips, and I'm spending most of the day slow-smoking a rack of pork ribs (soaked in a red wine rosemary marinade) and - for the first time - a leg of lamb, which has spent all night marinating in an amazing Mediterranean mixture of garlic, lemon juice, various herbs, and virgin olive oil. The coffee is burbling. Life is good.

Anyone want to share any bbq recipes? :D

Last edited:

Eternalknight

First Post
Bah, it's the middle of autumn over here, and it's just about the time that the weather starts to turn cold. Six months to wait for BBQ season for me.

Maldur

First Post
Piratecat said:
You've got 5-6 hours, easy, before it's done. You're flying west, so you won't lose very many hours. Come on over! :D

Not enough , time and money Im afraid :(
I cant even afford to swing by boston, after gencon. (no time)

I should win the lottery and get me a plane ( Ill have to start buying lottery tickets but...)

ounds like a good menu though.:D

Valmur_Dwur

First Post
I'm of the same mind P-Kitty! Of course in the midwest (which has ALL the good stuff:D ) I've got steaks in a Mesquite and Lime BBQ sauce. Coffee is a goin' too!

diaglo

Adventurer
that's not bbq:mad:

that's cooking out.

the fine art of bbq requires a nice sauce that you apply during the cooking.

i make my own. vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, tomato paste, tabasco, cumin, scallions, and secret ingredients. heated days before hand and blended.

then apply to the ribs 30 mins before they are done.

if you apply too soon, it burns. too late, it doesn't stick. (application requires a brush, you literally paint the sauce onto the ribs)

you can use the sauce for chicken also.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Your sauce sounds great. Family recipe, or your own?

I tend to use a Texas-style sauce on ribs, preferring wet ribs to dry ribs. I changed a pretty good recipe and ended up with a sauce I love.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Piratecat said:
Yeah, yeah. If you live someplace warm, it's probably been bbq season for months. But up here in the frigid north, we're finally losing the last bit of snow, and it's spent the last week raining.

But it's early on a Sunday morning, I've got my bbq smoker fired up with hickory chips, and I'm spending most of the day slow-smoking a rack of pork ribs (soaked in a red wine rosemary marinade) and - for the first time - a leg of lamb, which has spent all night marinating in an amazing Mediterranean mixture of garlic, lemon juice, various herbs, and virgin olive oil. The coffee is burbling. Life is good.

Anyone want to share any bbq recipes? :D

dude, you wasted the red wine and rosemary on the pork and left lamb with lemon juice? INFIDEL!!!!!!!!

For a good bbq, I'm all about the kabob-ables. boiling onions, slices of green pepper, elephant garlic, little cherry tomatoes, bit a shrimp maybe and all sort of lovely marinated chicken and lamb concoctions.... mmmm..... need bbq....

And of course, corn on the cob, deviled eggs and all the little extras.

That does it, once I'm in my new place (attleboro) I'm gonna hold KahunaCon. 48 hours of gaming with a bbq thrown in, and an omlet breakfast...

Kahuna Burger

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Re: Re: [OT] I hereby declare it to be BBQ season!

Kahuna Burger said:

dude, you wasted the red wine and rosemary on the pork and left lamb with lemon juice? INFIDEL!!!!!!!!

Trust me on this one.

When do you move? Oh, I'm running a d20 Modern game at Pandemonium later this month, if you're interested.

Remove ads