• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) Is anyone here a Catholic Priest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latency

First Post
I was wondering if there are any Catholic Priests who are part of the community. I have a couple of questions pertaining to marriage and divorce. I do not want to go into to much detail here in the post if you could please email me or post here on how to get a hold of you that would be great. Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

mdempsey@shaw.ca

Last edited:

Maitre Du Donjon

First Post
I do not want to hi-jack this thread, but isn't D&D satanic? I'd be therefore surprised that any priest actually plays D&D....

But concerning your questions, i do hope that you find the answers you are looking for. Marriage is a big step (but by the looks of your question, you've probably been thru it once and are about to jump on that train again :) )

Good luck to you!

Maitre D
(Catholically baptised)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I know lots of ministers who play D&D, but don't know of any Catholic priests here; you may get better results if you change the title to "(OT) Is anyone here a Catholic Priest?"

Thanks for not turning this into a religious thread; I wish you the best of luck as you track down the answers you're seeking. I hope things are okay.

Latency

First Post
Piratecat said:
I know lots of ministers who play D&D, but don't know of any Catholic priests here; you may get better results if you change the title to "(OT) Is anyone here a Catholic Priest?"

Thanks for not turning this into a religious thread; I wish you the best of luck as you track down the answers you're seeking. I hope things are okay.

Thank you for the advice on the title change.

As well I would like to thank other who have responded with helpful ideas and not tuning this in to a religious thread.

And thanks for your concern I just need some advice.

Oni

First Post
My father is an Old Catholic priest (and before you ask old catholic priest like orthadox priest do not have to take vows of celebacy). If you like I can put you in contact with him, I'm sure he would be willing to answer your questions.

[edit: oh yeah my email. jopugh20@student.scad.edu ]

Last edited:

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
I could be wrong, but I could have sworn Cheiromancer said once that he was a Catholic priest.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Maitre Du Donjon said:
I do not want to hi-jack this thread, but isn't D&D satanic? I'd be therefore surprised that any priest actually plays D&D....

I went to a Catholic high school and we had a D&D/RPG club and it never upset anyone (priests, nuns, or parents) that we did. In fact, Sister Maria, the sweetest nun I ever met, was our faculty moderator, and she would even game with us! I also did undergrad at a Jesuit college, where I played D&D a few times with a couple of seminary students.

We Catholics are a little more hip than we get credit for sometimes :)

Latency

First Post
TwoSix said:
I could be wrong, but I could have sworn Cheiromancer said once that he was a Catholic priest.

I have sent him and email now I just hope he checks it or takes a look at the boards. If any one knows him can you point him here.

Thank you in advance...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads