• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ot, kinda] Board Game suggestions

emergent

First Post
I am taking a month or so break from DMing and was looking for some other, non-RPG games to play. Anyone have any good suggestions? I have no real desire to play risk or Axis and Allies, but am open to pretty much anything else.

Thanks!

reapersaurus

Explorer
we've had about 3 of these posts, almost verbatim to yours.

There will be a list of board games that RPG'ers can suggest to you, but for it to be helpful to you, it would help greatly if you listed what kind of games you DO like, and list what you're looking for out of the game(s).

"Throw us a frickin' bone, here!" LOL ;)

Agamon

Adventurer
Here's a list of the games I've been playing lately:

Apples to Apples (card/party game)
Carcassonne (tile/resource game)
Settlers of Catan (hopefully you know of this one)
Drakon (fantasy tile game)
Formula De (racing game)
Balderdash (classic party game)
Wiz-War (another classic)
Cosmic Encounters (yet another classic)

emergent

First Post
reapersaurus said:
we've had about 3 of these posts, almost verbatim to yours.

There will be a list of board games that RPG'ers can suggest to you, but for it to be helpful to you, it would help greatly if you listed what kind of games you DO like, and list what you're looking for out of the game(s).

"Throw us a frickin' bone, here!" LOL ;)

Sorry to dupe other posts. Must master the search function.

I am really open to anything. I guess I am looking for something with a little more depth than, say, Risk, but doesn't necessarily take six months to finish (like Axis and Allies can). Something a bit more than just armies battling, but where I can still get some satisfaction from crushing the Ukraine (or something similar).:D

Zogg

First Post
ACQUIRE!!!!

It's an awesome classic that few people know about. It's a great strategy game that is ENTIRELY removed from the RPG world. There is a slight learning curve but there's an unlimited variety of strategies you can use to win. I run an Acquire tournament with a group of friends and we play every Tuesday - it's always loads of fun. Check it out!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads