• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Latin Translation of Paradise Lost

V-2

First Post
To clarify, when Pericles discovered Ecuador he commissioned Herbert Spencer to write the (originally Olmec) first edition of Strangers In Paradise. So, in a sense, we've come full circle here.

Painfully

First Post
After two years of college Latin, my professor tried really hard to get me to teach first year Latin for his new students--I really disagreed with the amount of teaching being put out by non-professors so I declined every time, but, if you find you have no other choice, I'd be willing to take a stab at translating it, with apologies to my venerable Latin professors if I happen to make any errors--of course, I could have them proofread it for me as well.

Solarc

First Post
Almost... Damn.

Oops Spoke too soon... Only the prelude was in Latin and English... I'll keep trying.

Solarc

Last edited:

Painfully

First Post
Give me at least a month to get back to you. I'll see if I can't drop a line to my old professor and have him get his red pen at the ready. I'm a bit rusty, so I'll probably spend the next couple weeks rereading some of my old material before I get to the nitty gritty.

The cool part is I always liked doing homework in college.

lines 240-270 only? I'll be using what you quoted below as the source. You do realize that some words can be played with and it is a matter of interpretation and what you want to emphasize, right?

I might even get my professor's interpretation and be able to compare notes, but last I checked he desperately needed more people in his department and was generously overworked.

Like I said, gimme at least a month. I should have something by then.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads