• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Lewis vs. Tyson

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Draxus the Tainted said:
I'm glad Tyson got KO'ed. He had no chance against Lewis. Anyone got anything to say about their views on the fight?

it was a good clean fight and tyson lost due to he was outclassed. bottom line. I wanted to see a good fight, saw a good clean, well refereed fight and that was all that was to be expected. It was good to see the precautions and much more calm, stable, and rational tyson instead of the babykilling, heart eating, maniac that he was..

EOL

First Post
Hearing all the smack Tyson was talking before the fight, I got the feeling that he was doing it more to try and convince himself he was going to win then because he actually thought it would rattle Lewis.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
EOL said:
Hearing all the smack Tyson was talking before the fight, I got the feeling that he was doing it more to try and convince himself he was going to win then because he actually thought it would rattle Lewis.

staged..tyson was talking about his pigeons before the fight..i knew it was downhill for tyson when he said this load of crap..

Black Omega

First Post
I would hesitate to call it a good fight. But there was none of the weird or unhinged stuff we've often seen in Tyson fights. Lewis dominated totally then put Tyson away in the 8th. Tyson spoke well of Lewis after the fight. the scary thought is that the contract requires a rematch after Lewi's next fight. Little in this fight indicated Tyson would have any chance against Lewis in a rematch.

DM_Matt

First Post
Black Omega said:
I would hesitate to call it a good fight. But there was none of the weird or unhinged stuff we've often seen in Tyson fights. Lewis dominated totally then put Tyson away in the 8th. Tyson spoke well of Lewis after the fight. the scary thought is that the contract requires a rematch after Lewi's next fight. Little in this fight indicated Tyson would have any chance against Lewis in a rematch.

Would it not still be fun to watch that jerk get smacked down yet again?

Hi all! :)

Firstly I would like to say thanks to America for always staging these contests meaning us European fight fans have to stay up to 6am. :D

It was a great performance by Lewis; I was slightly disappointed in Tyson. A great fight requires both men to be at their best and this wasn't the young Tyson we all fondly remember (through rose tinted spectacles it must be said). Lewis simply could not have been any better - some of the punches Tyson took were unbelievable; I would give him credit for that.

The defining moment of the fight for me was actually during the interim between the 6th and 7th round (I think). When the microphone was positioned in Tysons corner his trainer said something like "Slip the jab, slip the jab" to which Tyson replied "I can't."

After the fight; at the interview that immediately followed; I though both men accredited themselves with dignity - especially Tyson.

Personally I hope both retire now: Lewis has nothing left to prove and no one left to beat. Tyson, on that showing was soundly thrashed. Perhaps he could still win the title if Lewis retires but he would always be a paper champion from this point on.

Loric

First Post
Lewis has at least one more fight before he can retire, plus the contractually mandated fight with Tyson again. Before that can happen though, he has to fight Chris Byrd in defense of his IBF title. After that, the Tyson rematch could conceivably take place, but as the commentators and even some of the people involved stated " who would we sell it to?". Lewis manhandled Tyson.

Loric

Hi Loric! :)

Loric said:
Lewis has at least one more fight before he can retire, plus the contractually mandated fight with Tyson again. Before that can happen though, he has to fight Chris Byrd in defense of his IBF title.

He doesn't have to fight anyone if he retires. Obviously the belts float if that happens. With perhaps the #1 and #2 contenders vying for each of the organisation belts.

Maybe:
Tua vs. Byrd
Klitchko vs. Ruiz

Then have the two winners meet for the recognised undisputed title.

Technically you could also throw Tyson and Holyfield once more into the ring (Ruiz recently defeated Holyfield). I could see Tyson vs. Tua as a good match-up. However, Holyfield is something of a dirty fighter and in recent interviews seems to be slurring his speech somewhat - perhaps as a result of one too many punches to the head?

Also you have to let these new fighters take the spotlight otherwise the heavyweight division will stagnate and wither.

Loric said:
After that, the Tyson rematch could conceivably take place, but as the commentators and even some of the people involved stated " who would we sell it to?". Lewis manhandled Tyson.

Exactly. Tyson simply cannot threaten Lewis.

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
the biggest outcome of the fight? 30 million left in memphis by fight fans and celebrities :)

thanx to all of you from those of us in graceland-land

Remove ads