• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Lost a furry friend this morning...

Chroma

Explorer
Well, I've seen other people do this and I hoped I'd never be in the position to do it myself, but here goes.

Early this morning our cat, Burger, was hit on the road and killed. She was a stray that my little sister had befriended by feeding her pieces of her hamburger, hence the name. We didn't know how old she was when she came to us, but she lived with us for a good ten years.

She was full of personality, and very smart. She loved to play "the string game", chasing and snatching long pieces of string, but, every so often during the game, she'd slap her paw down on your hand, claws withdrawn, just to let you know she knew where she'd be attacking if it was "for real". Her speed and agility had never seemed to decrease over the years and she was always up for fun. Her incredible mousing skills even earned her the respect of my dad, a hard-nosed farmer, who would occasionally be found surreptitiously petting "that cat".

My brother and Burger had a really close relationship, as he lives at home on the farm, they spent a lot of good times together and had a special rapport; he being the only one who's lap she'd sit on or let pet her belly. He's a tough guy as well, but this has hit him quite hard, so I ask for your prayers or thoughts for him.

So, it's a very sad day at our house, and I just thought I'd share. Thanks for your time.

Good-bye Burger, you will be missed.

Attachments

• Burger - The Cat.JPG
    Burger - The Cat.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 409

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Damn. That's terrible! Poor kittie. :(:(:(

I can emphasize only too well with how your brother must be feeling right now; over the last few years I've lost the two cats I grew up with. Cats are wonderful creatures...

Burger, your brother and you all will be in my thoughts, mate.

Sirius_Black

First Post
I am so very sorry for your loss Chroma and the grief you and your family are dealing with now.

From what you've posted, it's obvious Burger was loved and loved your family. God bless all of you and Burger. She and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

pogre

Legend
I'm sorry.

My dog Alli got run over by a speeding utility truck this Summer. It has taken me a long time to get over it.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I know your pain. The sad thing is that pets become part of the family and they can't be replaced when they're gone. Sure, you can go buy yourself another one, but it won't be the one you lost. Take comfort in the fact the Burger probably lived a much longer and happier life as your pet than she would have as a stray.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads