• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] (Manowar) Song for my knight/paladin....share yours!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Re: ManOwaR

Rangler said:
ever tried Rhapsody?
now that's epic fantasy metal....a bit fast tho
*nods*
A friend of mine has lots of stuff by them. I think I really need to tell him to bring those CDs with him again some time when we're going to play some huge battles.
just a few tips....Hammerfall...bah i've had my share with those fellas :p
They have their uses. But yeah, in general, I'd go with ManOWar (or maybe the Conan soundtrack).
Metal is quite good fer DnD sessions :p makes you wanna fight ye know :D
And in a good way, too. :cool: After all, you could play the Ketchup Song (or, say, Celine Dion), too, while gaming, you know...
It certainly would make your players want to fight as well, but... :p

Eternalknight

First Post
Re: Re: ManOwaR

Darkness said:
*nods*
A friend of mine has lots of stuff by them. I think I really need to tell him to bring those CDs with him again some time when we're going to play some huge battles.They have their uses. But yeah, in general, I'd go with ManOWar (or maybe the Conan soundtrack).And in a good way, too. :cool: After all, you could play the Ketchup Song (or, say, Celine Dion), too, while gaming, you know...
It certainly would make your players want to fight as well, but... :p

Darkness, are you advocating Player vs DM warfare??? :p

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I blame hong's recent "worst D&D sound track thread." ;)

And you're right; some things should just Never. Be. Done. :p

Tsyr

Explorer
One of my favorite Man O War is "Swords in the Wind"...

Blind Guardian is another one I like for DnD... A lot of their stuff is tolkien-inspired, but they did do one dragonlance inspired one... A very good one at that, better (IMO) than the Raistlin and the Rose song Lake of Tears did.

Rangler

First Post
Blind Guardian are good, if you like them i also recomend Iced Earth kinda like the same type but in a other way ;)
also Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle-earth is damn good...with nice story plots :D dunno if Einherjer fits in ;P now that's Viking metal \m/ Also if ye like Rhapsody you should try out Luca Turilli's albums and Angra (kinda like Brazillian Rhapsody)

Edit: just added a few thingys :)

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
Now you've made me want to listen to Rhapsody again. I think I lost my CDs some time ago.

Oh well...

*flicks on Netscape's radio; an observer could see that the only "My Channels" entry is the Metal station*

:D

Seule

Explorer
I played a Vampire character in a LARP (don't laugh, LARPing is great fun if you find a good group) who had been on the Crusades, and gotten turned there. He was still a Christian 800 years later, but believed that the world had gone downhill, and the pure faith of the Dark Ages could never be regained in the modern age. He also, unlike me, thought that that was a bad thing. His theme song?
Crusader, by Chris de Burg
It has everything. If you've never heard it, I suggest going out and finding it. One of his best, and oldest, songs.

--Seule

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads