• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(ot) Minneapolis - road trip, where to stay?

Malcolm

First Post
Question for folks who live in the area:

In another thread it was mentioned that StPaul (downtown?) has sparse nightlife and that Minneapolis is the place to stay to get out and enjoy the area pubs, etc.

I will be traveling to the area with friends and we wanted to stay in a hotel that has 3-4 star quality with walking distance (or short taxi ride) to local nightlife locales.
Do we reserve rooms in Minneapolis downtown or is that StPaul?

I have No idea on the difference between the two cities, locations, and have never been there. I would appreciate any short, no flame (don't know if there are rivalries involved), answers.

shouit

Explorer
They are basically together. Similar to the SF Bay area. Anyways, I am not sure on where in MN the nightlife is, besides the bars at the top floor of Mall of America. And there is a lot of hotels around that. When my wife and I went up there to get away, Roch is an hour south, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express with a hot tub in the room. That was a nice place to stay and not that far from MoA.

Also check out Bucca DiBeppo's if you have never eaten at one. It has awesome italian food.. Also Jimmy Johns is a great sub shop that delivers till 1 in the morning, for those late night cravenings..

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Downtown Minneapolis is fine, if a little pricey. There's a fair amount of activity in the Warehouse District. Saint Paul does have the Saint Paul Hotel, but as said before, Saint Paul is boring, except around Midway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads