• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT-NHL] The Annual NHL Playoffs Thread: 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I have been an Oilers fan all my life and I'm not going to stop now. I was kind of hoping the Oil would win the last game of the season against the Flames but from what I saw on the TV tonight, it doesn't look like it. (Yep, I was right - they lost 4 - 1. Damn it! Oh well, I don't want to face Dallas in the first round anyway. Detroit needs to win tomorrow and Dallas lose.) ;)

As for the playoffs, I think this year could be a major year for upsets. Especially in the West.

Here's why...

I'm pretty sure Detroit and Edmonton are going to meet in the first round. That said, don't count the Oilers out. They've been giving the Red Wings fits all season.

As for Dallas vs. Minnisota, I think I heard that the Wild just might have the Stars number. Or at least that's the scuttlebutt on a lot of hockey shows up here in Canada.

As for the rest of the West, I think Vancouver is too good not to make it to the Western final but if they have to meet the Wings, then who knows if they'll make it to the final. I really don't have much of an opinion on the other western teams. Has St. Louis been consistant this year?

Now, in the East, it's anyone's guess. The Sens are good but tend to fall all over themselves in the playoffs. We'll have to see if the 'toughness' they added at deadline day pays off. The Leafs are good, but I don't like Belfour. Thus, I can't cheers for them in the East. Philly is strong but NJ is NJ. They're dangerous every year and always seem built for the playoffs.

It is impossible to pick an Eastern team.

But, here's what I want. (Yes, I'm dreaming.)

Western Final
Canucks vs. Oilers

Eastern Final
Senators vs. Bruins

Stanley Cup Final
Oilers vs. Bruins - always a classic matchup.

:)

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
The Sens and Bruins can't meet in the East final. They'd meet in the semis if they got past the 1st round.

I'm hoping for Ottawa vs Colorado. That'd be great.

I thinking it'll be New Jersey vs Detroit. That'd pretty much suck.

T

:: TrigCove ::

Welverin said:

I was right about the Rangers, so trust me!

:rolleyes:

Being right about the Rangers is like being right about the ocean being wet.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Sigh.

My Wings managed to blow two separate leads today against the Blackhawks (who played an inspired game), thereby handing Dallas top spot in the West. It remains to be seen who claims the third and fourth spots, and how this will affect Detroit's second round matchup. Too bad we won't have home ice all the way through our run to The Cup!!

MulhorandSage

First Post
Congrats to Colorado. Dammit.

And the next time I hear some bonehead say how great it is that the League allows "hold time hockey" to go on at the end of the season, I won't be held responsible for my actions. :-(

Scott Bennie

EarthsShadow

First Post
Avalanche all the way. I can't stand the Wings or Flyers, I hope both choke and get iceblasted out of the playoffs early, and I hope the Stars fall from heaven and crash into the icy glaciers of the Rocky Mountains.

If the Stanley Cup is Colorado vs. Ottawa, then the finals will be awesome to watch. If its between Stars or Wings vs. Anybody then they will stink. Especially if the Devils somehow make it. Talk about boring (but I will watch the games anyways to hopefully see the Stars or Wings lose).

NOTE: These are just my personal opinions, so none of you take these comments of mine personally. Or do, I don't care. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads