• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT]NYC Bar "Hogs and Heifers"

mooby

First Post
Anybody ever heard of this place? I'm going there Friday night with some friends, and heard it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
isn't that "heifer"? come on mooby, you should know this - how are you going to get a date if you can't spell her name right? ;)

unless, of course, it's me that's mistaken - but then, i only date chickens. mmm fried chicken...

Last edited:

mearls

Hero
Re: [OT]NYC Bar "Hogs and Heffers"

mooby said:
Anybody ever heard of this place? I'm going there Friday night with some friends, and heard it was a lot of fun.

IIRC, it's out in the meatpacking district near Chelsea Piers. I've been there once. It's schtick is that random women hop up on the bar and dance topless, and while a multitiude of bras hanging above the bar stood in mute testament of such shenanigans, I didn't see anything first hand. I also had about a half-dozen white russians in me, as we went there after a company Christmas party. Thus, my memory is a bit suspect. There's a bunch of C&W bars over in that area.

I guess if it fizzles, you could always go to Scores or one of the clubs near Time Square. I'd try to recommend one, but I was never a big strip club guy. That was always the province of my goofy, almost-hiring-a-shemale-hooker friends.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Re: Re: [OT]NYC Bar "Hogs and Heffers"

mearls said:

IIRC, it's out in the meatpacking district near Chelsea Piers. I've been there once. It's schtick is that random women hop up on the bar and dance topless, and while a multitiude of bras hanging above the bar stood in mute testament of such shenanigans, I didn't see anything first hand.

How have I managed to miss this!?!

And what's it like on Mondays? :D

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
There was actually a bar here in Peoria by the same name. Of course, they got sued and had to change it. No idea if it was anything like the one in NYC. Given that it was in Peoria, probably not.

Angelsboi

First Post
um the dancing girls on the bar is from the real life bar in NY called Coyote Ugly. Now im not sure if they are topless at CU but i know they arent here in Atlanta since we have one in Buckhead

Redleg06

First Post
A couple years ago it was a trendy famous-people bar. Then word got out to us regular joe types and the famous types moved on.

mooby

First Post
BOZ said:
isn't that "heifer"? come on mooby, you should know this - how are you going to get a date if you can't spell her name right? ;)

Oh man, how embarrassing!

Edited, and fixed. :)

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Yep, heard of it. Desc'd the place in a MUSH I build on.

H&H link1 Warning: Pictures not workplace-safe.

H&H Review

And be sure to take in the display of more than 1000 (not a typo) bras and panties hung over the bar.

Like many trendy Manhattan theme dives, Hogs & Heifers leads a double life. Weekdays find this Meatpacking District institution serving shots and long-necks to actual meat-packers, and weeknights attract a genial, guy-heavy regular crowd of transplanted and would-be urban rednecks. On weekends, however, Hogs & Heifers is packed with a riot of whooping tourists and singles hoping to glimpse a drunken famous person's bra. The joint's desperate Saturday night pitch makes you grateful for the unobtrusive but swift bouncers who protect and serve without apology (or negotiations). A new uptown location hosts live music in a less hectic atmosphere that recalls the old Lone Star Café on Fifth Avenue. --

The Scene
Nostalgic for college? Get over it at Hogs and Honeys, where the atmosphere is frighteningly similar to a frat party: lots of bad beer (e.g. Pabst in cans), lots of drunk 20-somethings. Modeled after the New York bar Hogs and Heifers (inspiration for the movie "Coyote Ugly"), this is another Clybourn Corridor creation from Marc Bortz (Circus, Biology Bar, Dragon Room). Walls are plastered with bumper stickers, license plates, neon beer signs and tacky trimmings like bras and panties hanging alongside American flags above the bar.

The Draw
It's a silly, don't-take-yourself-too-seriously kind of fun at this bar. The jukebox blasts '80s flashbacks. The bartenders encourage craziness by pulling girls up to dance on the bar--particularly bachelorettes. You can test your cowboy prowess on the mechanical bull (free rides) where a spotlight shines while onlookers cheer--guys especially seem to like it when two girls ride the bull together.

Biker Bonanza
There's free secure parking for all motorcyles, and starting at 6pm Saturdays, free barbecue sandwiches for bikers.

Styles:
Theme
Sleazy
Dive Bar
Celeb-Spotting
Pick-Up Scene
After Hours

Johnny Wilson

First Post
We went there a few years ago on the recommendation of one of the waiters at the old Anarchy Cafe, near St. Mark's Place (Square?). Although we should have known, we never dreamed it was a country-western bar in the middle of Manhattan.

We DID see women dancing on the bar and removing their bras. It was a bachelorette party, but they kept their blouses on while they removed them. So, they used to have women dance on the bar and the bras did come from actual female customers, but it was no Coyote Ugly.

Strangely enough, being from California, I danced with a woman from my hometown in Central California. Neither one of us cared for country/western music, but we had each arrived there due to recommendations as to "where" to go. This was about four years ago, so I don't know what it's like, now.

Just thought I'd add my off-topic comments to the thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads