[OT] Ouch! Pain pain pain!

Gothmog

First Post
Damn, dude! There is a much easier way to give a cat a bath, and save yourself the harm. A friend of mine invented this bathing technique when he was 14, when his mom wanted him to bathe their persian cat (who was a hellspawn and would sooner claw your eyes out than breathe).

Step 1: Open toilet bowl and pour pet shampoo in water.

Step 2: Find cat, put it in toilet bowl, close lid.

Step 3: Let cat thrash for 1-3 minutes, to soap itself up and work in a lather.

Step 4: Flush a few times to rinse cat. Don't worry- the cat is too big to go down the drain.

Step 5: Open lid, watch as sopping wet cat achieves mach 4 and runs madly around the house before hiding for 6 hours. Bath done and all major organs and appendages still attached. So simple and safe, even a level 1 commoner would suvive unharmed. :D

Last edited:

DerianCypher

First Post
Djeta Thernadier said:
I have never had to bathe a housecat , but at one point of my life had to bathe 7 ferrets.

I've always wanted a ferret pet.. but unfortunately I'd have to go to arizona or nevada to buy one and I'm not sure it's worth the effort.. heh

DC

Ashy

First Post
Gothmog said:
Damn, dude! There is a much easier way to give a cat a bath, and save yourself the harm. A friend of mine invented this bathing technique when he was 14, when his mom wanted him to bathe their persian cat (who was a hellspawn and would sooner claw your eyes out than breathe).

Step 1: Open toilet bowl and pour pet shampoo in water.

Step 2: Find cat, put it in toilet bowl, close lid.

Step 3: Let cat thrash for 1-3 minutes, to soap itself up and work in a lather.

Step 4: Flush a few times to rinse cat. Don't worry- the cat is too big to go down the drain.

Step 5: Open lid, watch as sopping wet cat achieves mach 4 and runs madly around the house before hiding for 6 hours. Bath done and all major organs and appendages still attached. So simple and safe, even a level 1 commoner would suvive unharmed. :D

ROTFL!!!!!! I love it!!!! :D

Perun

Mushroom
shilsen said:

Be glad when your dog has only fleas. I came back to India on holiday after being in the US for the last 9 months, and discovered our dogs (3 of them - were 4, but one died shortly after I got back) have ticks. The little buggers swarm all over the place and bite. Yeowch!

You mean like theone I found crawling on my bed last year? Or the one I had to pull off myself with a pair of tweezers? :D

I've become somewhat of an expert with the above mentioned tweezers, I never leave the head in the wound. Comes with the years of practice, I guess :D

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Perun said:

You mean like theone I found crawling on my bed last year? Or the one I had to pull off myself with a pair of tweezers? :D

I've become somewhat of an expert with the above mentioned tweezers, I never leave the head in the wound. Comes with the years of practice, I guess :D

Uhhh. It sounds like you're describing a tick. Ticks are the ones you have to pull off with tweezers and make sure to get the head.

Both ticks and fleas are more than happy to bite humans if they get the chance.

http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/fleas-ticks.html

Flea
Tick

Typically a flea is very tiny and could fit in the pip on a d6. Fleas jump/hop tremendous distances when compared to their size, ticks tend to crawl. Ticks (although some breeds are tiny as well) tend to be larger, especially if they are grossly engorged with blood.
Also, unless your area is experiencing a tick plague you probably won't find more than three or four ticks on your pet, unless it stays outside and you don't check it for parasites very often. An animal can, however, pick up an extraordinary amount of fleas in a short time. A house can be infested by reproducing fleas, but I have never heard of this happening with ticks since they tend to do nothing but hang onto an animal sucking blood until you spot them.

More pictures (yuck) can be found by going to google, clicking "image" and doing a search for flea or tick.

Last edited:

Perun

Mushroom
Bran Blackbyrd said:

Uhhh. It sounds like you're describing a tick. Ticks are the ones you have to pull off with tweezers and make sure to get the head.

Both ticks and fleas are more than happy to bite humans if they get the chance.

Yeah, those were ticks I mentioned in my post above. My home region is full of ticks -- people used to raise sheep and goats all over the place, and ticks like sheep.

Typically a flea is very tiny and could fit in the pip on a d6. Fleas jump/hop tremendous distances when compared to their size, ticks tend to crawl. Ticks (although some breeds are tiny as well) tend to be larger, especially if they are grossly engorged with blood.

As I mentioned, I don't think dog fleas attack people. I know neither me nor anyone else in my family ever had problems with them (well, except our dog... :))
Dog fleas cannot jump, instead they have little "hooks" on the tips of their legs, so they could hang onto dog hair. Apparently, they don't like places with little hair (i.e. humans).

Also, fleas are insects, and ticks are arachnids (their bodies have only two segments, and they have eight legs).

Also, unless your area is experiencing a tick plague you probably won't find more than three or four ticks on your pet, unless it stays outside and you don't check it for parasites very often. An animal can, however, pick up an extraordinary amount of fleas in a short time. A house can be infested by reproducing fleas, but I have never heard of this happening with ticks since they tend to do nothing but hang onto an animal sucking blood until you spot them.

Lea, my dog, once run into a whole 'nest' of ticks... that was fun.. :( Had to spray her with insecticide a couple of times till they all died... and then the tweezers, and then visits to the vet (ticks can carry some nasty diseases).

More pictures (yuck) can be found by going to google, clicking "image" and doing a search for flea or tick.

Thanks, but I think I'll skip! :)

Remove ads