[OT] Proof Americans are Stupid (i.e. the Suits are stupid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thengil

First Post
Slovakia vs Latvia ended 6-6... was a fun game, lots of very skilled offensive players in both teams, and absolutely awful defending. Goalkeepers weren't that hot either ;)

Sandis Ozolinsh has to be THE least defensively aware defenceman in hockey.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
reapersaurus said:
:):):):) you, hong.

That is one of the most ridiculously, whacked-out insults I have ever read on this board.
Using a CHARACTER of mine to sarcastically insinuate something about the person who plays him is about as stupid of thing as I've ever read here.

Sounds like my tongue-in-cheek parry to Welverin's insulting thread hit a bit too close to home for you, you gap-toothed, misrepresentative idiot.

I hope that's all in fun (it certainly seems that way), 'cause its damn funny.

hong

WotC's bitch
reapersaurus said:

Ew, smileys all over the place. I hope you cleaned up afterwards. Man, I just HATE it when those smileys get stuck to the monitor and I have to get out the Windex.

That is one of the most ridiculously, whacked-out insults I have ever read on this board.

I'm "whacking my insult" RIGHT NOW, if you know what I mean, and I think you do!

Using a CHARACTER of mine to sarcastically insinuate something about the person who plays him is about as stupid of thing as I've ever read here.

You're right. I should have made a comment about REAPERSAURUS instead of Ubaar. That would be a lot less insulting, because REAPERSAURUS is only an anonymous nickname that doesn't exist outside this forum, whereas Ubaar is REAL! SO MUCH UBAAR IT'S ALL OVER YOU SCREEN!

Sounds like my tongue-in-cheek parry to Welverin's insulting thread hit a bit too close to home for you, you gap-toothed, misrepresentative idiot.

Tut. I think you ran out of smileys too soon, personally. I will take the liberty of adding them back in for you:

Sounds like my tongue-in-cheek :) parry :) to Welverin's insulting thread :) hit a bit too close to home :) :) for you, you gap-toothed, :) :) misrepresentative :) :) idiot. :) :)

Ow, my ears.

LostSoul

Adventurer
reapersaurus said:

?

Jeez...

Tom Cashel

First Post
Fiery Todd said:

To stereo-type hockey as a bruiser's sport is too easy. If you've actually watched it for any length of time, its no more violent than football, boxing, rugby, Austrailian Rules Football, etc. You want a violent sport? Try race car driving. People break bones and die racing cars. Besides, fighting isn't allowed in Olympic competition, so you can pry your eyes open now. And what about women's hockey? You can fit that toothless gorilla image quite easily on the guys, but do yourself a favour and try not to talk like that in front of Cammi Granato (I'll leave it up to you to figure out who she is).

Well said, Todd. Football might have a stoppage between every play so the fans can try to figure out what happened while John Madden blathers about his all-Madden team, and that's great, but hockey actually moves and, IMO, is much more exciting to watch.

...And when did football players become anything more than gorillas and bruisers (with more teeth :))?

Roman

First Post
While the original poster's post was inflamatory and ice hockey should only be shown on American TV if the citizens want it, I nevertheless thank the majority of posters for expressing their keen interest in other countries in the world. I particularly appreciate the comment from the poster who claims he will only be interested in my country (Slovakia) if USA starts bombing it. If the prevalent attitudes of the US people mirror his then I would not be suprised for that to happen.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Re: Re: [OT] Proof Americans are Stupid (i.e. the Suits are stupid)

You mean this one?

Lizard said:

Wake me when we start bombing them. That's about the only time we need to pay attention to them furrin places.

Lizard seems a good name for you...you certainly don't rate "primate" on the evolutionary ladder. Look on the bright side: sounds like George W. would love to have you on his staff...

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Good freakin lord, everybody! Let's all take our Prozac and calm down, what say?

Yes, the comment about bombing other countries was in kinda poor taste. It was pretty clearly meant as self-mocking, though: the poor fellow spelled "foreign" as "furrin" to drive home that point.

And Reapersaurus, tough skin never hurts in an online forum, Hong's original post was poking fun at you, ubt in a pretty harmless fashion; a graceful response would have been something like "touché." Your response seemed way over the top to me.

But Hong, what's up with your escalating with him? Not cool.

We could keep this discussion lighthearted, if people will make their teasing gentle and not take it seriously.

Daniel

Storminator

First Post
For what its worth, that was a great hockey game. Olympic hockey is SOOOOO much better than the NHL. Passing! Lots of passing! Sometimes some defense too, but some real nice offense. I watched the Austria/Latvia matchup as well, and I'm a temporary Latvia fan.

There are some nice rules changes as well. I really like the instant icing. And the strict timing on the face offs: puck drops in 15 seconds whether you've changed your lines or not!

And no fighting. If I want to see fighting, I'll rent Slapshot (or go to my teenagers games, but that's another story).

Football is my favorite sport, but hockey is so much better than anything else. On my cable system last night I had hockey on 4 consecutive channels. The perks of living in New England...

PS

Don't generalize too much: Detroit isn't called "Hockey Town" for nuthin'! And yes, eastern block countries are fun to watch, because tons of high profile NHL players always end up on their teams.

That said, I'd rather watch ski jumping than hockey. Ski jumping is a much more Olympic-feeling sport, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads