• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Reactions to NEW Episode II Trailer

Sorry if it sounds like I came down on your wolfspider, but after that other long thread about EpII, and the way you seem to think so poorly of it, I would have thought you wouldn't be excited and maybe would REACT to a trailer posting here, but not start one.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I have asked a moderator to close this thread. It wasn't my intention to start a flame war. I'm sorry that my initial negative reaction caused so many hard feelings.

If someone else wants to start a similar thread, they can feel free...and heaven forbid they have a negative opinion of it! :eek:

Feel free to have a negative opinion, but I don't think it's too much to ask you to include something substantive to back up that opinion, is it?

You're opening post in this thread really wasn't any different from the scores of posts that I've seen online which make the claim, "Episode II is gonna suck 'cuz Luc-ass is a $ell-out, d00d!"

What exactly did you find boring or unexciting about the trailer?

Regards,
Corporate Dog

EDIT: PS, I've already seen a few trailers for Episode II, including one attached to Fellowship of the Ring when it premiered. In addition to backing up your 'yawn', you might want to be more specific.

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
EDIT: PS, I've already seen a few trailers for Episode II, including one attached to Fellowship of the Ring when it premiered. In addition to backing up your 'yawn', you might want to be more specific.

I'm reacting to the trailer that premiered about an hour ago on Fox. They had been showing ads for it all over television for the past week.

Feel free to have a negative opinion, but I don't think it's too much to ask you to include something substantive to back up that opinion, is it?

Not at all! I was just percolating a bit, that's all.

The special effects, while obviously good in a technical sense, were overwhelming and confusing, which is not good in an artistic sense. Everything seemed CGI. (And everything probably was. It was especially evident that Yoda was CGI--and that's not a good thing.) It was so crowded and busy on the screen throughout the trailer that I couldn't really tell what was going on.

The dialogue, like the dialogue in Episode I, was stilted and badly delivered. (I presume this has something to do with the fact that the actors are frequently performing in front of blue screens. I know this was a problem with Ep. I.) Yoda's pronouncement that the clone war had sounded ridiculous, and NOT because of his inverted grammar. It was obviously meant to impress, but it didn't impress me.

The trailer didn't thrill me or give me shivers. It didn't engender any kind of emotion in me at all, actually. No, it didn't BORE me, but I would have thought that it would have at least made me "nipply" like good trailers tend to do. :D

That's all for now. More later...maybe.

I have to dogde some blaster fire now....

Last edited:

Forlorn

First Post
Well, I just want to throw in my 2 cents on this one. After Episode 1 I started to get disillusioned. The trailers that had been released up until today didnt make me feel much better about the chances for episode 2. But I just got done watching the latest trailer. First off, it is beautiful, though I think its almost to clean looking. And thinking about it in concert with what was shown in forbidden love, I think the underlying story behind episode 2 will be head and shoulders above episode 1, and may even beat out one of the original trilogy.

BUT, having said that there is still one thing I fear out of episode 2. Pitifully bad acting from actors who have proven they can do better. Now people always like to say that star wars isnt about good acting, true, but at least the OT, while not having fabulous acting wasnt down right bad. From what I have seen of episode 2 the acting just isnt up to snuff.

So to summarize, good plot, good visuals, bad acting from people who can do better.

drowdude

First Post
Ya know.... I hadnt actually seen any of the trailers yet....

and I have to say that I really thought that rocked. My level of anticipation definitely went up a notch.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Ya know.... I hadnt actually seen any of the trailers yet....

This may have actually helped you enjoy this one more. The other trailers, while less cluttered with special effects, focused on the acting, which (as I've mentioned before) seems substandard.

If this is the first one you've seen, I understand why you're stoked. :D

noretoc

First Post
Well, first I havn't seen the trailer. I was playing D&D, LOL. Anyone know if it is available online?

Second, want to apologize to wolfspider for the bashing he just took. Come on people. It dosen't matter what he said about before. I understand that the basing id EP II is getting sickning, bu this thread was perfectly legit, and you should feel ashamed for jumping on wolf for starting a thread to see how people feel about the TRAILER. I for one am pretty dissapointed that we have members who turn tail and bash somone because he bashed a movie.

Remove ads