• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Reactions to NEW Episode II Trailer

Wolfspider

Explorer
Thanks, noretoc! :D

But it's ok. I don't feel put upon. I really should have been more specific at the start. I hope I've made up a bit for my oversight.

I'm going to bed now. G'night.

Simon Magalis

First Post
I have said it before, but... WOW. I mean... WOW. I just wish I was a sociology major and could write a thesis about some of you people. BTW, while we are all bitching about something off topic: I am pretty tired of clicking on a topic and seeing a lengthy discussion about how dumb the topic is. If you don't like a topic, go away, watch tv, call your mom, but please dont feel the need to ruin the thread with tangential info. And before someone points out that I am doing the same thing, I would humbly offer that this thread is already gone. Nice try Wolf...I'm going to bed too.
... ... ... WOW. LOL (walks off shaking his head and chuckling)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Firstly, as long as everyone sticks to discussing the trailer and not giving each others opinions on the opinions of others this thread does not need to be closed. Just play nice.

Secondly, I did not like the trailer as much as the others - but I am still excited. . .

I like the idea of the chancellor (aka the eventual emperor) creating a war situation in order to get himself special emergency powers and undermining the freedom of the republic.

The whole idea of freedom vs. security is one that resonates with our current political climate*, so it makes it that much more exciting.

* This is not an invitation to discuss that political climate - just an observation.

mmu1

First Post
I think you're absolutely right about the trailer, Wolfspider. After getting annoyed with myself for actually thinking about watching a commercial that had its own advertising campaign, I broke down, and sat up close to get a good look, feeling hopeful despite all the bad stuff me and my friends have been saying about it... And nada.

Yoda looks fake, Anakin does a silly Matrix-like jump out of an air-car sans a parachute, Amidala runs around shooting at things while looking a lot like Lea, soldiers stand around looking a lot like stormtroopers, there's a bounty hunter just like Boba Fett and a ship just like Boba Fett's, Obi-Wan grumbles about having to put up with Anakin, sounding like Danny Glover in "Lethal Weapon" (do they argue about who gets to drive, I wonder?), light sabers are being used for their gee-whiz factor (yes, ok, we get it, one lighstaber is cool, so two at a time must be so much cooler, right? Never mind that it's supposed to be a weapon of great personal significance to a Jedi.), and the combat droids are still all over the place as if this was a cartoon... To me at least, a lot of it felt completely irrelevant when it wasn't ripping off the previous movies for a cheap sentimental reaction.

Last edited:

Jamdin

Explorer
I didn't care much for the new Episode II trailor but the Spiderman trailor rocked. I probably won't see Episode II at the theater on opening night but maybe on Sunday's matinee. I will however go see Spiderman :)

rounser

First Post
I am pretty tired of clicking on a topic and seeing a lengthy discussion about how dumb the topic is. If you don't like a topic, go away, watch tv, call your mom, but please dont feel the need to ruin the thread with tangential info.

Your idea, if implemented, would take the heat out of a lot threads alright. The downside is that a lot less discussion would be generated at all.

Posting that you disagree with the premise of the original poster doesn't "ruin" a thread, but getting adversary and offensive does. The catch 22 is that what is offensive is often in the eye of the beholder - even if the person opposing the viewpoint is relatively civil, mere disagreement is sometimes an implied slight, as you imply. Nevertheless, I'd rather an ENBoards with this kind of dialogue (and the inevitable occasional ugliness) than one without.

Last edited:

Simon Magalis

First Post
"If implemented"?... I am not talking about some sort of ruling from on high, I am just talking about common sense. The kind of discussion this promotes isn't discussion, its just taking up space. Just my opinion.

rounser

First Post
"If implemented"?... I am not talking about some sort of ruling from on high, I am just talking about common sense. The kind of discussion this promotes isn't discussion, its just taking up space. Just my opinion.

Well, if you're talking about noise-to-signal ratio, that's another kettle of fish...

Rogue

First Post
Spiderman trailer?

Even if the movie turns out to be poop, I'm going to give it a swell amount of credit for the amount of "flashiness" put into it. C'mon, who hasn't tried to picture what an actual army of SD's and what-have-you looks like? During a scene in the action-packed trailer, there are eight (eight!) SD's firing up for flight! And underneath them is an army! The battle at the end was crawling with people and special effects, including 14-15 Jedi in a fighting pit of sorts. But I'm holding out on a verdict 'till I see the movie in it's entirety.

On another note, is there an online version of the Spiderman trailer yet? I would really like to see that, and would appreciate it if someone had any information it.

-Rogue

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads