• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] School's Out

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
pogre said:
Just enetered my grades for the Semester. Students are always surprised that instructors look forward to Summer just as much as they do. Time to relax and recharge!

Exactly. Especially important since we teachers work harder than any of our students.

I do most of my grading on the weekends. I have a couple of students haul all of my books and papers out to my car at the end of the day. When they complain about how much there is to carry, I tell them, "Yeah, that's right. Now don't ever let me hear you complain about how much homework you have to do."

:D

Sixchan

First Post
Mark Chance said:

Exactly. Especially important since we teachers work harder than any of our students.

I do most of my grading on the weekends. I have a couple of students haul all of my books and papers out to my car at the end of the day. When they complain about how much there is to carry, I tell them, "Yeah, that's right. Now don't ever let me hear you complain about how much homework you have to do."

:D

You should have seen all the stuff I had to do last weekend. Granted, I burned it all onto CD, so I didn't have to carry mountains of books, but I have to work out timetables that suit EVERYONE in the school. That's kinda like marking EVERYONE'S work.

Oh well. I just got a call from the assistant head. It seems I may be going to America with a couple of pupils on holiday. It's not a raise, but...:D

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I wish they'd let work out for the summer....

Oh to be back in school...

Sure we get the occasional vacation day, but really, I think we should petition for the reinstatement of recess, naptime and sporadic vacations... and of course the summer break.

Lucky you! :cool:

~Sheri

EricNoah

Adventurer
We're done on June 10th!

And then I'm back in again starting June 23rd. This'll be my 7th year doing summer school... still, it's only until 11;15 in the morning; that leaves me plenty of good afternoon time off!

NiTessine

Explorer
Still two days left. And summer school starting on Monday and lastin 'till the 19th. But then, I'll be free. Until school starts again. Bleagh.

Oni

First Post
Just finished my last class of the quarter about half an hour ago. This week has been hellish and I'm so glad it's almost over, all I have to do now is pack and be moved out of the dorm by noon tomorrow.

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Djeta Thernadier said:

Just out of curiosity, as someones who's been out of school for about 10 years...

Do any of the kids ACTUALLY go on the "optional" day??

Yeah, actually. It's only optional for eighth graders because we get promoted the day before. See, there are three different high schools people are going to, we're not going to see some of our friends for the last three to eight years ever again. Besides, I'm the ONLY person from my school going to our regional sci/tech magnet high school. I'm not going to have any more school days with some of my oldest friends, so I'm gonna go the last day and screw around and say goodbye. To those of my friends that actually show up. :D

Sixchan

First Post
In Scotland, the last days of the terms (meaning not just the one before summer, but also the one before christmas) are "Optional". But that's more because the teachers don't care about the last days, and don't bother with registers. Either that, or the whole staff comes in with hangovers (except me because I don't drink), and we can't be bothered with ANYTHING. Except maybe sitting at our desks and going to sleep.

Thankfully, the people who do come in are unusually quiet, reducing headaches.

Jeph

Explorer
Djeta Thernadier said:

Just out of curiosity, as someones who's been out of school for about 10 years...

Do any of the kids ACTUALLY go on the "optional" day??

Hell, I'm not goin' on the last non-optional day.

I'm really looking forward to high school. It's a geeky charter school chalk full o nerds. Perfect recruitment ground . . .

Remove ads