• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Stupid clothing ...

Azure Trance

First Post
Bit of a silly question. I bought a small pin of an american flag on Sunday to wear on my shirt while I'm at work. But I noticed that it leaves quite a visible puncture mark. Is there a way to minimize the damage? The problem is that I work in retail, and I wear many shirts to work; I wouldn't want them all to have holes on the front pocket. And unfortunately, the only kiosk that sold them didn't have any magnetic ones. Any advice? I should start hunting for a magnetic one on EBay or something ...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You could always shear the pin part of the button off, and keep a small but strong magnet in your pocket. I have no idea if that would work, but its a possibility.

Skade

Explorer
alsih2o said:
i believe that after a couple of washings the warp and weft will rejoin, try it.

This is very true. The marks will usually not last more than one washing, unless its particularly weak threading, or a realy large pin.. As to magnets, if you want snip it off, sand it down, and grab a small roll of magnetic strips from your local craft store. super glue it to the back, and wear another stip beneath your shirt. Voila.

I think this is the first time I have actually seen warp and weft used outside of literature. cool. :D

BV210

Explorer
I want to echo my agreement with those who said not to worry too much about the holes, they'll disappear in the wash. Every day I put on my blue uniform (in the AF) I have to wear a name tag and a career field badge, each with two pins. Prior to putting the shirt in the wash, there are 4 lovely little pin holes, but like I said earlier, they disappear in the wash. And these gov't issue shirts aren't the highest quality in the world, so you should be fine.

Churchill

First Post
Another possibility is to put the pin through a seam. The "hole" is already there, and leaves almost no mark (that's where most store will put their security tags).

Fenris

Adventurer
In a dress shirt (single needle not oxford) the holes will NOT disapear. I have tossed several shirts whose name-tag holes had gotten too large.

alsih2o

First Post
another option is to superglue tiny circles of fabric behind where the pins go thru, they are not too obvious, and it will save the material

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads