• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT - SW] Official Episode 2 Opening Week Boycott Thread

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Man, am I sick and tired of hearing this convoluted drawn out yawn about Star Wars! Go or don't go. Don't waist my time or anyone elses.

King_Stannis

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Hey, boys and girls, let me make it clear that if I see any more personal attacks I'm going to hang ye olde padlock on this thread. Be nice. Don't be accusatory or insulting.

heh. there's a few of us who tussle about this every time it's brought up, on both sides of the issue. heck, even though i feel they are totally whacked for doing what they're doing, i also feel kind of a kinship with them. respect for one's enemies, i guess.

Wolfspider

Explorer
fenzer said:
Man, am I sick and tired of hearing this convoluted drawn out yawn about Star Wars! Go or don't go. Don't waist my time or anyone elses.

LOL! I'm afraid you're wasting your own time by posting here, my friend. Just ignore the thread...you'll be a much happier person. :D

Wolfspider

Explorer
Ristamar said:

Come good reviews or bad reviews, I'm going to see it. I already gave my two cents on movie critics, such as the oh-so credible Lisa Schwarzbaum (who wrote the review that is linked above), in another thread.

Crossroads, a B+... *shakes his head* ....un-frickin'-believable.

So, what complaints did you have about Crossroads when you saw it? Hmmmm?

Just curious....

Last edited:

Mordax_sighs

First Post
I'd never see a movie like this, opening day (with the notable exception of Spider-man, but I didn't have to pay or stand in line :) ). I like to wait a week.

It's not about integrity, or the fact that I'm frustrated with having a new re-release of Star Wars every time Lucas gets bored sitting on the can.

I just want to avoid getting trampled to death by Star Wars fans on the way in. ;)

Edit:
Going off topic a little, but people are too hard on Jar-Jar. If I was gonna be stuck in a cramped little spaceship for weeks, and I had to pick between him and C-3P0...no contest.

At least Jar-Jar isn't a complete wuss, on top of everything else. :)

Last edited:

CaptainCalico

Community Supporter
Sour grapes

Rinndalir said:
It's about I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y. It's about caring that something special has been turned into a Jar-Jar toy. It's about Lucas not giving a rat's ass what his fans think. In other words, it's purely personal.

Or it might be about someone not being able to get tickets for opening week. Misery loves company and all that sort of thing.

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Wolfspider said:

LOL! I'm afraid you're wasting your own time by posting here, my friend. Just ignore the thread...you'll be a much happier person. :D

Hey Wolfy, good catch. I wondered how long it would take someone to make that obvious retorte. All of a few minutes, nicely done.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads