• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT - SW] Official Episode 2 Opening Week Boycott Thread

kreynolds

First Post
Rinndalir said:
It's time to put up or shut up. Who's with me?...<snip>...So, any more takers?

Know this now. If ya' get in my way at the theatre, I'll drop kick ya' into the concrete. ;)

So I guess that would be a resounding "No, I'm not with ya' on this one."? Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's what I meant. :D (Cool, I managed to not throw around any personal flamage)

Last edited:

Gizzard

First Post
> It's your firm position that you may or may not see EP 2
> depending on the word of mouth of your friends, even
> though after they exclaimed EP1 as "the most
> disappointing movie of" their "entire life" you saw it.

Yep. :) Basically, I didnt believe people when they came back from early screenings of TPM with long faces and talked forlornly about how bad it was. So I went to see it for myself. And came back shaking my head sadly. It was a bad movie. I was a big fan of the first two, I enjoyed the third at the time, but I just couldnt stomach the fourth.

Heres my point: Last year, on the strength of the franchise, I went to see a movie that turned out to be just as disappointing as everyone said it was. This year, for me, the franchise is broken and AotC is just another big budget summer movie. If it gets some good reviews and good word of mouth, I'll go see it. (See, I'm not bitter, I'm not holding a grudge from TPM. :) But if it doesnt get support from critics or fans, well, then I'll be inadvertently joining the "boycott". Except my "boycott" will last more than a week. :)

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'll see it as soon as the crowds die down a little. But boycott it? Idiocy. I've enjoyed every SW movie to date so based on that I'll go see it. Plus the trailers look great.

How I rate the SW movies(1-5 scale)
EP4 - *****
EP5 - *****
EP6- ****
EP1- ***

Caliban

Rules Monkey
By an odd fluke of fate I'm going to be seeing it twice on opening day.

Last week I purchased non-refundable tickets for a 7:00 PM showing at a theater with a digital screen. (I'm going with a small group of about 70 friends.)

Today was my first day at my new job (I was layed off three weeks ago), and I learned that my new employer has rented a theatre for Thursday morning and about half the company is going to see it at 8:00 AM. The other half is seeing it on Friday morning.

I'm really liking my new job so far...

Black Omega

First Post
I'm boycotting!:)

Well, ok, not. I'm simply not going to see it right away. Once I have a better idea if it sucks as badly as Ep I, then I'll decide if I want to bother seeing it or not. It's a movie, if I think I'll like it I'll go see it. If not, I won't even bother thinking about it again.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Caliban said:
I'm really liking my new job so far...

Hey, I got laid off several months ago! Can I work there? :D

Man, of all the luck. You got the job AND you see the film two hours earlier than I do (assuming you're on the east coast, anywho). :p

Sulimo

First Post
Ragnar Rocker said:
I don't get it, if you're so disapointed in George Lucas and his vision for his prequel trilogy, why go at all? Because Lucas owns you, that's why.

Exactly my position. Although there was quite a bit in TPM I really disliked, and going by previews and reviews of AOTC it seems much of what bugged me in TPM continues I just have to see it (and will on the 16th).

I just cant help myself. I've even started reading the comics again...although I still cant stomach the NJO novels.

Remove ads