• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Tarot Cards and the News

Florin

First Post
That actually popped into my head this morning when I saw it on the news. :) I personally think someone other than the shooter left it, or else it was a copycat shooting in the first place. Why wait till the 8th (or whatever) shooting to leave a card?

Florin

First Post
I don't know. This guy seems to be a little too smart to do something like that. His shooting locations have been very well chosen for concealment and/or getaway ability. I'm still betting it's a prankster who left the card.

MerakSpielman

First Post
The card might be phony, but I think they've matched up the bullets in most of the shootings to the same gun - and the ones they haven't matched up weren't necessarily fired from a different gun, but the bullets were too badly damaged to tell.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Florin said:
I don't know. This guy seems to be a little too smart to do something like that.

I don't know. The Zodiac killer sent handwritten messages to the police department and they never did catch him.

But- yeah, in my opinion, I don't think the Tarot card was left by the sniper. Too convienient that they just found it.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I think it was him! *points to Monte Cook hold the BoVD* See all the uproar his book has caused! *sinister music plays* *is kidding*

Drawmack

First Post

Probably a copy-cat or a prankster. A serial killer does not change their MO which is what makes them a serial killer. If the MOs change then the cops scratch their heads and say the gun is the same but it shouldn't be. We'll have to wait and see if the bullet matches. However the police always withhold one piece of crucial evidence from the media so that they can weed out phony confessions and there is a chance that the tarot cards could be the piece of evidence being withheld which would explain the chief's reaction to the media getting a hold of the information.

Angelsboi

First Post
that is true. The chief was pretty cheesed off with the news release of the card. What id cards have been there all along ... or the person happen to have a card on them.

Ooooo, that would be freaky ...

Number47

First Post
I think there is a good possibility for the card to come from the killer. He needs to leave a trail of evidence. What good is it to show that he is such a clever killer who can outwit all the top cops, if he has no way to prove that he was the real killer? It's part of the psychology of a random serial killer. He needs two things. One, to show off his power, which he does by leaving more and more clues and still eluding police (until he can't anymore). Two, he needs to be able to defend his claim against any copycats or false-confessions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads