• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT?) The perfect gaming table

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I don't like fishing, I don't watch fishing shows but I left the channel on ESPN and when I turned on the TV up it came! What it showed me was a dream table for gaming!

This table was three feet by four (maybe five), clear top, hooked to a laptop, displayed on the glass surface from below was a topographical fishing hole, in great detail!

These guys were drawing on it, doing Xs and Os, showing where to find fish, like John Madden at a football game. With a click of the keys of laptop picture changed to another fishing hole!

To me this was the perfect gaming table, I had dreamed about it for years.

--------

So, what is your perfect gaming table?

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I agree, that would be the perfect game table...

A mouse click and the current level of RttToEE would appear under the crystal, with the good 1" grid so you can put the minis over the glass. And another clivk and Claudio Pozas's digital counters would be drawn under the glass as hordes of ennemies...

Wow!

Bragg Battleaxe

First Post
I agree that it would rock, but jeez... how complicated has our game become when we could REALLY use technological help to play it? Every now and then during combat, I will look around at my group... everyone is WORKING. We look like a bunch of accountants, pouring over some rulebook, trying to find a rule or a spell, concentrated frowns on everyones' face. Just a thought.

JeffK1966

First Post
great table... and, our group seems to run much smoother under 3E. While sometimes we dig through books and manuals, we did the same in 2E, but now we seem to have much fewer rules disputes than before, despite 3E only being 2 years old.

mkletch

First Post
That is a really cool table, but not perfect. A perfect table would also have a pizza oven built in...

-Fletch!

Bob5th

First Post
mkletch said:
That is a really cool table, but not perfect. A perfect table would also have a pizza oven built in...

-Fletch!

Don't forget a built in fridge so we don't have to waste time running to the kitchen for sodas.

Numion

First Post
Maybe I'm just stuck in my ways, but I wouldn't want to add too much technology to the game. if there was a computer on the table, attention would easily be turned to it, instead of the game.

And btw, we don't have a gaming table. We sit around the room quite casually. No need for a table, except for the DM.

mkletch

First Post
Bob5th said:
Don't forget a built in fridge so we don't have to waste time running to the kitchen for sodas.

But the restrooms must be kept separate, or the perfectness will be lost. THAT is worth a short walk...

-Fletch!

Skaros

First Post
We have a nice setup at our new house now.

We have an outdoor table with a glass top that is 3.5' by 6'. On this we place our laminated hex-map (3' by 4'), which we draw on with dry-erase markers.

We have chairs around this, and we also have a nearby couch with a coffee table in front of it.

Just to the side, we place a card table for the DM's use, so he has room to spread out his stuff.

We have a pretty big living room to allow for all this, but its very roomy :)

-Skaros

BTW, I highly recommend laminating your own hex map. My wife generated it in autocad, and had a local print shop print the hexes onto a 3' by 4' thick white paper and laminate it.

We've used it for 2 years now, every week, and its in great shape.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads