• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT)Vegemite

hong

WotC's bitch
ColonelHardisson said:
I tried it back during the Men At Work era, just to see what it was like. Some media wags up here said it was the Aussie equivalent of peanut butter. Yeah right. Urkk.

The problem really is that Vegemite is designed to be spread in one direction only, viz. clockwise, using the right hand. When you take it over the Equator, you end up spreading it in the wrong direction, because the Coriolis force points in different directions in the northern and southern hemispheres. This is why nobody in North America likes Vegemite.

Hong "they use the wrong hand" Ooi

MythandLore

First Post
Tonguez said:
MARMITES EVEN BETTER THAN VEGEMITE
Marmite is for British Feinds. j/k ;)
mirzabah said:
Heathen :mad: Next you'll be telling us that Promite is just as yummy.
The first time I saw Promite in the store I thought it was fake. :)
But it is Australian, Hmm...
I think I could live my life never having tried Promite.
Vhane said:
Thank you for the input I can get Vegemite but haven't seen Marmite anywhere.
You in the US, Cost Plus Imports or a Gormet Shop should have it.
It's pretty easy to get any of them by me, even Promite -shudder-
Harlequin said:
Oh wait...there was this girl once... :D
:eek: -Myth stares at screen-has Bad Flashback- :eek:
hong said:
The problem really is that Vegemite is designed to be spread in one direction only, viz. clockwise, using the right hand.
Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Sulimo

First Post
I have to say, I'm quite a fan of vegemite - although only used in certain ways....like on toast or on some kinds of dry biscuits (Sao's and Vita-wheats to name two).

Never really liked what I rmember of Promite & Marmite

Its certainly not the local equiv to Peanut Butter. Thats what Crunchy Peanut Butter is for.

Eternalknight

First Post
I can't believe you Aussies that don't like it!!!! That is just, um, un-Australian:D

On a side topic, about 10 years ago I had a Japanese exchange student stay with me. The first night, we gave her vegemite on toast; she threw up straight away. When we told her what it was (a yeast extract that was a left over of the brewing process.... the stuff left at the bottom of the beer) she ran around the house screaming.... I guess you had to be there :D

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
mirzabah said:
Not quite the same status. Nobody here has holy wars over whether marmalade is better than jam, or if peanut butter is best crunchy or smooth :D

Actually my mother would disagree. You see I favour crunchy but my brother favours smooth (yuk!) and our family trips to the supermarket were often a battlezone of colliding sanitarium peanutbutter labels...

Oh and dad likes his Marmalade too

ps I am serious about the tea thing...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads