• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What degree(s) do you have?

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Well, I'm swallowed up in school myself!:) I'm currently trying to nail down a BA in History, specializing in Ancient History and American History; with additional Majors in Philosophy, and either English or Classics. Hopefully, I will be able to then proceed to earn my Masters in History, probably specializing in Ancient History and Medieval Europe. I also hope to earn a Masters in Philosophy. Finally, when I'm old and grey, I hope to have a Ph.D in History and Theology.

Somewhere along the way, I might be interested in checking into attending Law School. I doubt it, because there are things about lawyers and a lot of boring reading that I don't like, but I do like learning about the Law, and arguing a case "from the rarefied pure air of inhaling the precedents of the righteous and just code of American Jurisprudence!":) So, who knows? There are many elements of the Law that cross-pollinate from History, Philosophy, and Political Science, so it's interesting. I'm just not sure that I'm *That* interested! I'm really looking forward to teaching Ancient History as a History Professor. Yea! Whoo-Hoo!

I know many of you out there know how it feels to slogg through school, more school, and when you would like to be done--even more school. I love learning and such, but damn, sometimes I wish that I could just soak up a bunch of money, grab my wife, and get lost somewhere in Ireland for about six months, with no bills to worry about, no rent, no finals, no papers, none of that, you know? Just check out of the daily grind for a good bit in someplace really nice. Ah well. I wish the best for everyone here!:) It's a lot of work, but we can't give up! Never Surrender!:)

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Acmite

First Post
Originally started off in Pharmacology (with the intentions of becoming an MD), hated Organic Chemistry, and then switched to Geology.

Received my BSc. Geology in 2000, and I'm now working on my MSc. Economic Geology (ie: Minerals/Mining, not Oil or Dirt).

I hope to be finished (fingers crossed) by the end of the year, but it looks like this time next year, instead.

Rybaer

First Post
Hmmm...think I'm the only one with this degree...

BS Materials Science & Engineering

Courtesy of the University of Wisconsin - Madison.

Wizbane

First Post
Re: Degrees...

The Sigil said:
and yes, I am an American citizen, not a European - for whom fluency in multiple languages is the norm rather than the exception)

The Sigil
[/B]

Uh? Can you translate this in italian please? ;-)

Environmental engineer here. The third listed ecogeek.

See ya.

JPL

Adventurer
As of today...a J.D.

Yep, I'm now Lawful as well as Good.

And I can truly call myself a rules lawyer.

And I got Call of Cthuhlu d20 as a graduation gift.

Steven McRownt

First Post
Wizbane benvenuto su EnWorld! (finalmente siamo in due)
And... may I translate it for you in Ialian? :)

BTW,
Degree in Political science (international relations)
Phd in philosophy of law

But everything sounds weird translated in American terms... our studies are so different... (i will be for a couple of months at the university of Mecosta (Michingan), for some researches: have i the chance to meet some of you?

Steven McRownt

MEG Hal

First Post
Richards said:
Yeah, University of Illinois would be a good choice for someone looking to enter the computer field...if I remember correctly, HAL 9000 was created there. :)

Johnathan

(Advance explanation for those scratching their heads: HAL 9000 was the computer from "2001: A Space Oddysey.")

I was not created I was BORN!!!!!!

(Hal without the 9000) also hears that "Dave " joke WAAAAYYYY to often

Richards

Legend
Okay, Hal, since you're obviously tired of being teased with "2001" jokes, here's something on a completely different subject...

...is your emblem there SUPPOSED to look like a shield farting? :)

Johnathan

Remove ads