• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What is the best selling beer in your country?

Corwyn

First Post
Largest beer seller in the Netherlands: Either Heineken or Grolsch.

Favorite beer : Kilkenny's Red

Biggest import .... No singel brand is imported in realy great quanteties. But most of the beer that is imported comes from belgium.

MThibault

First Post
Moosehead!?! Its alright, I guess.

I've been drinking Sleeman's Cream Ale, lately. Although I have a fondness for Maudit and Trois Pistoles when I want something stronger. I haven't had a chance to try all of their beers, but I really do like Unibroue.

http://www.unibroue.com/products/bieres.cfm

The most popular in Canada. Well, my beer store keeps an updated list posted. As of last week the top 5 were:

Molson's Canadian
Labatt Blue
Labatt Ice
Molson's Export
Coors Light (Lite?)

Cheers.

Darraketh

First Post
I've sampled every type of beer carried in Publix, Piggly Wiggly, Winn Dixie, Harris Teeter, Bi-Lo, Food Lion and Wal-Mart Superstore, our local grocery store chains. I'm amazed that what we import and what is consumed abroad is so different.

Looks like I'll have to try mailorder if I want to sample the real deal. I've heard of a service that would ship you a different case each month. I'll have to look them up. Might not provide me with what I have in mind but at least there will be variety.:)

Wikidogre

First Post
Best selling? Bud Light
Fav american beer? Voodoo Red, From New Orleans
Fav Import? Toss up between McEwains (Scot), and Red Stripe (Jamacian)

I Love Beer!!!:D

Abraxas

Explorer
Posted by arwink
Actually, XXXX is just a Queensland thing.

What is the full name of this beer and who makes it?
I used to be able to get it in Michigan but no more.

Anyways...
The swill of choice with my friends around here is Coors or Red Dog (blehh). Up in the U.P. it was Huber Boch.

My favorite domestic is a toss up between Bell's Oberon and Bell's Nut brown ale.

My favorite import is Bass ale, although I am fond of Brador.

For a while Flag Porter was excellent, but the last time I had it it had changed significantly.

Thirsty

First Post
Kia ora Tonguez,

Hows life down in trout country.

Heh, my bad. Fancy forgetting to mention Speights Old Dark. Have you tried their Pale Ale? That's quite a good drop too.

I thought that one of the big breweries had purchased Monteiths but couldn't remember if it was Lion of DB.

[Edit: Typos - me no spell good]

Last edited:

First Post
1. Well I suppose it's Bud. Most Americans have no taste when in it comes to beer.
2. Summitt Pale Ale is the fav right now, I think it's only available in the upper mid-west. Leinie's is always good too.
3. Favorite Import is Paulander and Spaten both from Germany.

evil_rmf

Explorer
Dunno about the whole country, but when I was in school at Purdue, the best selling beer in town was Bass Ale. Then I quit drinking, and it dropped in the ratings:p

As for imports: Moosehead or Bass Ale
Domestic: Rolling Rock or Leiney

buzzard

First Post
Enforcer said:
The most popular beer in America is Coors Light, I believe. We actually just studied a case (not a 24-pack) about good ol' Golden, CO and Coors in school.

Actually Bud Light is the most popular light beer, with Coors Light as second (the WSJ had an article on light beers last week- mostly about Miller doing poorly). If we make the assumption that light beers are more popular that normal beer then Bud wins. I suspect Bud would win in any case really.

As for my favorite beer it would remain Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB from eastern Pa. I don't remember the town of origin, but it is available in most of Pa., and the non pasteurized form is exceptional.

buzzard

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads